Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Harvard Extension quality of classes question
#1
Have any of you attended graduate level courses at Harvard extension online? Which program? 

How interactive is it, and how well done are they? I have taken many online courses at several different Universities over the years, and I have not been very happy with most of them. For in person lectures, I've had some amazing professors where you interact in the discussion, can ask questions on the spot, and you really learn a lot. I still remember lectures from 20 years ago. Comparatively, most online courses I've taken have been terrible, and I could just as easily read something on my own without even taking the course. 

For example, at TESU I just basically get a list of assignments in an unorganized and messy format, you read what you are told, turn in an assignment, then take a quiz or test. The graded discussion forum assignments attempting to make things interactive are just busy work with forced replies to forced comments. I get no lecture and no teaching. Personally, I get absolutely nothing out of this type of course. It checks a box that says complete, I forget it in a few weeks, and that's it. 

For grad school, I do not want to just check a box, especially at an expensive school, I expect more. Are any classes live via zoom? Recorded lectures? Q and A sessions? What are they like? I would hope for a school like this they are very well done, but I have no idea if it's just more of the same read and do type of experience. Wherever I attend, I am pretty much forced to be online. I can do a short residency period, but full time in person is not realistic for my family situation. So what I am looking for is something online, yet immersive, interactive and worth the expense.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Harvard Extension quality of classes question - by rpmranger - 09-05-2020, 12:46 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Harvard Extension Data Science, Digital Media Design ALMs Renamed to Include AI Jonathan Whatley 0 1,327 06-10-2026, 10:39 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Harvard Kennedy School 10-Year Plan Eyes Increasing Online Programs Jonathan Whatley 0 1,059 06-06-2026, 05:36 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Harvard Graduate Poetry Classes Still $250 Per Class for Teachers.Epstein Connections eriehiker 8 2,791 05-11-2026, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  300-500 Euros a year doctorate - question EliEverIsAHero 7 2,148 12-30-2025, 03:32 PM
Last Post: EliEverIsAHero
  Unidema and Harvard Collab Incoming Kalas 9 2,723 11-13-2025, 10:33 PM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Article bashes Harvard Extension ALM Grad smartdegree 51 35,918 09-29-2025, 10:56 PM
Last Post: Sagan
  Which One Would You Pick: Harvard Extension ALM or UIUC iMSM? Lyhnidas 10 4,810 06-11-2025, 01:55 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Fastest & Cheapest Way to Complete ALM in Management – Health Care (Harvard Extension Lyd 15 14,066 06-10-2025, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
Exclamation FREE graduate classes this spring! LuckyLion44 9 6,120 01-14-2025, 03:02 PM
Last Post: LuckyLion44
Exclamation FREE 3-hour Winter Mini-term classes at TAMUC LuckyLion44 29 9,923 12-13-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: LuckyLion44

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)