06-04-2008, 12:44 AM
jonoshamrock Wrote:Zefrench- Are you saying you never actually sat a proctored exam. Yo just completed the neccessary online tasks and had the form signed and evaluated? Then transferred to your Excelsior transcript?
Please tell me i can do this for pre-calculus??
Anyone else trying this neat route?
I am following this with great interest, because am thinking about using ALEKS for my kids, and as they hit upper maths this might be very nice. According to their email reply, you can pay for your plan (month, year, etc) and then that student just continues to advance through the math levels. This seems like another awesome way for homeschooled children to earn college credit! My son loves the computer, so this might be a very motivating way to get him moving through algebra and beyond.
(side note- ALEKS is an awesome program- I spent two days on the trial playing around, and I love the administrative features too. Worth a look)
If it isn't too involved, would someone who is "working the plan" be willing to post SPECIFICALLY how the process works or what steps someone needs to follow to earn credit this way? I REALLY appreciate it!!!!! Thanks!

??![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)