Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Degree Planning UMPI
#11
(11-05-2020, 02:58 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 02:53 PM)Anar Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 01:55 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Before you get excited about challenge exams, you ned to make sure UMPI accepts them. UMPI has their own challenge exams as part of the prior learning assessment.

https://www.umpi.edu/academics/prior-lea...nge-exams/

As for the gen eds....

http://catalog.umpi.edu/content.php?catoid=3&navoid=118

UMPI has additional reqs besides 30 credits taken in residency. You will need a specific number of UL credits in your major/concentration. You must also take a minimum number of credits in your major at UMPI.

Have you spent some time reviewing their website? All of this is spelled out on it.

YourPace students still have the same requirements as students on campus. Most of those options for the GEC do not apply to us. Great to say you're fluent in French and Russian when you don't seem to be able to review the basics of transferring to a college without a great deal of help. I'm not saying don't try to go to UMPI. I'm saying you need to slow your roll and actually investigate their website over and over which I can tel you haven't done because you don't know anything about the GEC. You also haven't spoken with anyone about YourPace. An enrollment counselor would have walked you through all of this.

One more issue....Strayer is on the quarter system so their courses will not transfer anywhere as 3 or 4 credits. I see a lot of people end up with 2.67 credits in a course and that's not enough. Quarters are a pain in the arse to transfer because of that reason. If you plan on transferring quarter credits anywhere, you need to know this up front. 3 credits of biology is 3 semester credits not 3 quarter credits. Why any school is on the quarter credit system I don't know....oh well there's the money aspect...$400x120=$48,000 and $400X180=$72,000. That's why.

One more thing about UMPI.....every course is not offered every term. They are offered every semester however.
Yes, I know that they have 30 sh requirement. And I was going to take 13 courses and all in the AOS. We will see how it goes  Wink

We don't call it an AOS. It's a concentration or a minor depending on the degree. I would plan on taking more than 13 courses at UMPI because of how they accept transfer credits and where courses fit into the degree program. You're going to need to fill out the GEC and then the additional gen ed reqs. The residency requirements aren't just 30 credits at UMPI. How long do you plan on being at UMPI?
Sorry for a stupid question, but what is GEC?

 I'm not a native English speaker, so I thought AOS and concentration would mean the same. Before making the plan, I looked up their concentration requirements, and there were like 15 courses, so I decided to take all of them except two. A for the GER and GE, I think I'll need to talk to the academic advisor.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Degree Planning UMPI - by Anar - 11-05-2020, 09:16 AM
RE: Degree Planning UMPI - by dbinghamjr - 11-05-2020, 09:40 AM
RE: Degree Planning UMPI - by Anar - 11-05-2020, 11:53 AM
RE: Degree Planning UMPI - by ecdw94 - 10-04-2023, 12:23 PM
RE: Degree Planning UMPI - by rachel83az - 11-05-2020, 09:55 AM
RE: Degree Planning UMPI - by dfrecore - 11-05-2020, 11:17 AM
RE: Degree Planning UMPI - by ss20ts - 11-05-2020, 12:55 PM
RE: Degree Planning UMPI - by Anar - 11-05-2020, 01:13 PM
RE: Degree Planning UMPI - by ss20ts - 11-05-2020, 01:55 PM
RE: Degree Planning UMPI - by Anar - 11-05-2020, 02:53 PM
RE: Degree Planning UMPI - by ss20ts - 11-05-2020, 02:58 PM
RE: Degree Planning UMPI - by Anar - 11-05-2020, 03:06 PM
RE: Degree Planning UMPI - by ss20ts - 11-05-2020, 03:42 PM
RE: Degree Planning UMPI - by Anar - 11-05-2020, 04:07 PM
RE: Degree Planning UMPI - by ss20ts - 11-05-2020, 04:35 PM
RE: Degree Planning UMPI - by bjcheung77 - 10-04-2023, 12:28 PM
RE: Degree Planning UMPI - by ecdw94 - 10-04-2023, 12:33 PM
RE: Degree Planning UMPI - by bjcheung77 - 10-04-2023, 01:00 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for guidance for UMPI acesup_11 7 485 09-27-2026, 03:57 PM
Last Post: acesup_11
  Help with choosing Statistics degree Pilotpivot3 8 3,373 09-26-2026, 12:32 AM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  Undergraduate Electrical Engineering degree online cheeseberserk 21 11,104 09-26-2026, 12:22 AM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  Business degree advice please - currently in progress thanks4help 0 267 09-13-2026, 08:48 PM
Last Post: thanks4help
  Options for completing a Master's degree in Education? amos316 3 785 08-30-2026, 03:32 PM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  Should I take some Study.com courses before applying to UMPI for BA in Psych? Ariadne 3 961 07-30-2026, 05:34 AM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  Credit recognition for EU Bachelor’s degree: looking for flexible online Master’s pat acajka 6 1,490 07-08-2026, 08:19 AM
Last Post: soba
  UMPI BLS + Accounting Minor — What Other Minors Can I Add with My Transfer Credits? [email protected] 7 3,220 06-26-2026, 10:12 AM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Degree eval query joebloggs 1 637 06-24-2026, 09:38 AM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  UMPI BLS Update and help needed Federicojavier 1 700 06-12-2026, 07:15 AM
Last Post: LevelUP

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)