Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
New Mexico Junior College feedback
#9
(11-14-2020, 10:53 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(11-14-2020, 08:22 PM)indigoshuffle Wrote: Some updates after speaking to an enrollment counselor at NMJC. I hope this can help someone out.

1. Science courses do not use lab kits, they design the labs so that you use common household items or items you can buy from a dollar store. It was explained to me that this is cheaper, safer, and makes the material more relevant to the students.

2. If you're taking pre-requisites for the purposes of pre-medicine or pre-health, be careful. There are actually 2 forms of biology. They have general biology for non-sciences majors and biology for sciences majors. Obviously, if you're pursuing nursing or medicine, you'll want to stick with the sciences for science majors.

3. The term schedule is chock full o' classes for non-sciences majors, but there's just a sprinkle of classes for sciences majors, which is unfortunate. Next, I'm going to check out portage learning because, at a glance, it appears to be developed for science majors.

Portage is specifically for people wanting to go the RN route, I've seen it mentioned for that multiple times.  Not saying it can't be used for pre-med, just that I know people who want to go that route are directed to Portage, as they specifically will work at multiple RN schools.

Yes, it's mainly nursing. However, I emailed the admissions counselor at medical schools I'm interested in, and they said they take portage learning with no problems. It's just that I'd have to do the organic chemistry and physics somewhere else. They do have physics, but without a lab (for now).

I'm looking specifically at UMHS, SABA, and AUC. Ross and SGU are far too expensive, and the class sizes are too large.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: New Mexico Junior College feedback - by indigoshuffle - 11-15-2020, 05:48 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dallas College BAS in Management (CBE) Mint Berry Crunch 1 127 09-26-2026, 08:38 PM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  Why is ETAMU not part of the "Specific College Discussion" section? Mint Berry Crunch 14 1,070 09-04-2026, 07:50 AM
Last Post: SpartacusPM
  Lake Land College introduces Manufacturing CBE programs RbxFunRocks 0 635 04-22-2026, 07:23 PM
Last Post: RbxFunRocks
  South Texas College Tuition Increase KagomeH 16 6,618 04-01-2026, 11:57 PM
Last Post: namwen
  Penn Foster College Individual NA Courses, $499 Each Jonathan Whatley 7 2,476 11-15-2025, 12:18 AM
Last Post: Sunny21
  UK iLearn Engineering [sic]: an Interesting College, or just Interesting Questions? RKanarek 9 5,983 11-07-2025, 12:29 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Monterey College of Law now WASC accredited ashkir 2 2,062 09-03-2025, 10:09 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Dine College ss20ts 2 2,270 04-15-2025, 10:43 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  What do you think about Peirce College? RaiponceRapunzel 11 5,638 03-13-2025, 12:03 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Which college to attend. Please help Fortunado10 4 2,508 03-03-2025, 06:51 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)