Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Back to school after 23 years
#20
(02-03-2021, 01:31 PM)tallpilot Wrote: I am proud of you for getting this done with everything else you have on your plate.  I am 42 and just finished mine.  I let it languish for a long time.

You are going to like how fast self paced options like Sophia and Study.com are.  The speed at which you can knock out basic credits will encourage you to keep going.

A degree is better than no degree.  A specialized degree is better than a non-specialized one.  But it depends on what you wish to do.  A BSBA with an accounting/finance concentration or CIS would likely be more marketable than a general one.  But if you hate numbers or computers it probably isn't for you.

My advice (which differs from many here) is pick a marketable concentration even if it costs more to finish it.  Especially in your case, since it isn't just about checking a box, it is about retraining for better opportunities.

Good luck and keep coming back here with updates so we can provide encouragement!

Thank you so much. I signed up for Sophia to try them for free just to see how I'd do. It probably took me about 30 minutes to do it. The biggest problem that I have is even as I'm reading materials, my mind wanders and then I find myself reading it again (such an annoying cycle...lol). To top it off my daughter kept on with the "mommy, look!" Even with that, I can't have excuses. I just need to figure out which school, figure out the best possible options that would work with the way I learn, and start cranking them out. I'm still in step 1. My biggest dream right now is to come back here in two years and say "I DID IT!"
[-] The following 2 users Like carebear_007's post:
  • monchevy, rachel83az
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Back to school after 23 years - by carebear_007 - 02-01-2021, 11:16 PM
RE: Back to school after 23 years - by monchevy - 02-01-2021, 11:34 PM
RE: Back to school after 23 years - by Merlin - 02-02-2021, 02:24 AM
RE: Back to school after 23 years - by monchevy - 02-02-2021, 12:15 PM
RE: Back to school after 23 years - by davewill - 02-02-2021, 05:20 AM
RE: Back to school after 23 years - by P226mem - 02-02-2021, 07:36 AM
RE: Back to school after 23 years - by rachel83az - 02-02-2021, 08:57 AM
RE: Back to school after 23 years - by monchevy - 02-02-2021, 09:06 AM
RE: Back to school after 23 years - by rachel83az - 02-02-2021, 10:19 AM
RE: Back to school after 23 years - by ss20ts - 02-02-2021, 11:14 AM
Back to school after 23 years - by rachel83az - 02-02-2021, 12:05 PM
Back to school after 23 years - by rachel83az - 02-02-2021, 12:18 PM
RE: Back to school after 23 years - by dfrecore - 02-02-2021, 01:43 PM
RE: Back to school after 23 years - by dfrecore - 02-02-2021, 12:48 PM
RE: Back to school after 23 years - by tallpilot - 02-03-2021, 01:31 PM
RE: Back to school after 23 years - by carebear_007 - 02-03-2021, 04:40 PM
RE: Back to school after 23 years - by monchevy - 02-03-2021, 04:54 PM
RE: Back to school after 23 years - by davewill - 02-03-2021, 06:44 PM
RE: Back to school after 23 years - by davewill - 02-03-2021, 06:58 PM
Back to school after 23 years - by rachel83az - 02-03-2021, 05:10 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Rise Of The Vibe School In College Admissions LevelUP 7 1,325 08-05-2026, 04:33 PM
Last Post: lickington
  The SAT Is Back—And This Time, It’s Not Going Anywhere LevelUP 12 1,395 07-02-2026, 01:25 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  We Laughed at “Idea Guys” for 10 Years—Now They’re Top Tech Founders LevelUP 0 575 04-09-2026, 03:55 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Medical School Choices - Extra Options Available bjcheung77 0 1,111 03-16-2026, 11:57 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  CS degree for research grad school ECE focus Miaki 5 2,190 02-13-2026, 09:50 AM
Last Post: mundi5
  Looking for a school for science classes like Chem Heath 4 2,016 01-25-2026, 08:36 PM
Last Post: fmsoa
  Commonwealth University College of Medicine - $18.5K (4 years total) bjcheung77 7 4,864 12-31-2025, 08:55 AM
Last Post: degreedude80
  Oakford Academy - International Language School bjcheung77 6 4,317 12-15-2025, 11:29 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Mergers, Partnerships, Private school choice bjcheung77 0 995 11-27-2025, 02:52 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Audacia Novatio - Super cheap but unnaccredited school CollegeStudentAC 7 2,675 11-17-2025, 09:54 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)