02-06-2021, 09:14 PM
(02-06-2021, 07:01 PM)dfrecore Wrote: "Prestigious" and "AAS" don't really go together. Nobody cares where you got your Associates degree.
I don't dispute that at all. I probably didn't word that in the best fashion.
However, I think that for some people, especially those earning a degree in the latter part of their working career and just doing it more for personal fulfillment, there at least exists a possibility that they would take more pride in a degree with the name WVU at Parkersburg on their diploma than the name of a local CC despite the fact that the former is also a CC.
Perhaps my view is a bit jaded by the fact that I grew up in WV (don't live there and haven't for many years) and the WVU name is something the locals take a lot of pride in for various reasons. I am aware the degree isn't from WVU at Morgantown (the BIG school in the state). But I think in some cases the degree would mean just a bit more to some folks with that name.
Anyway, I was just curious if anyone had used any of the other schools in WV. So far it sounds like Pierpont is the choice due to no classes being required there, and that's very understandable.
West Virginia University at Parkersburg, Associate of Applied Science, Board of Governors program
Traditional College Credits (RA):
18 Credits
ALEKS & CSM Learn:
12 Credits
Straighterline:
15 Credits
Sophia:
38 Credits
Total from All Sources:
83 Credits
Traditional College Credits (RA):
18 Credits
ALEKS & CSM Learn:
12 Credits
Straighterline:
15 Credits
Sophia:
38 Credits
Total from All Sources:
83 Credits


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)