Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Ethical caution
#38
gcalvin Wrote:If they're not saying "this question is on the test" then I don't have a problem. (Whether Excelsior or any other school would have a problem is still an open question, though.) I started the thread because I saw some examples of people coming very very close to doing exactly that. When I say "very very close" I don't mean "they came close, but didn't cross the line." I mean something more like "I don't want to think about whether any specific example crossed the line, because I might incur my own ethical obligations by arriving at a judgment." Yeah, that means I'm skating a thin line myself.

I understand my only issue was, how ironic it was that you made this topic AFTER you used all the exam feedback and the flash cards and finished your studying. That's where I saw it getting fishy.


Your argument seems to be that all of us -- those who post in the feedback threads, those who read them, and even those who simply use the IC study cards -- are already way over the line and violating the ethics policies, so the less we talk about it, the better. Am I misunderstanding you? While I don't agree, I actually think there is considerable merit to that argument, so I'm not trying to be inflammatory here. I don't want to misstate your views though, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

You are pretty close to what I am trying to say, I just didn't understand how you could rationize the flash cards which are the exact same thing as the feedback but were against the feedback forum.

-Gary-

*Shadowless*
Cleps Passed: (36) English Comp w/essay, Freshman Comp, A & I Lit, Princ of Management, , College Math, Humanities, US History 1 and US History 2, Marketing

Dantes Passed: (48) Astronomy, Supervision, Bus. Math, Intro to Bus, Human Resource Management, Ethics in America, Tech Writing, Intro to Computing, World Religions, Personal Finance, Intro to LE, Org Behavior, Environment & Humanity, Here's to your Health and Criminal Justice.

Traditional: (43)

FEMA: (13)

Military: (70+)


Messages In This Thread
Ethical caution - by gcalvin - 06-18-2008, 07:52 PM
Ethical caution - by bmills072200 - 06-18-2008, 07:59 PM
Ethical caution - by Shadowless - 06-18-2008, 09:19 PM
Ethical caution - by barcotta - 06-18-2008, 09:52 PM
Ethical caution - by keylargo_diver - 06-18-2008, 10:00 PM
Ethical caution - by Farmerboy - 06-18-2008, 10:09 PM
Ethical caution - by Pattie - 06-18-2008, 10:34 PM
Ethical caution - by mlwilliamsiv - 06-18-2008, 10:39 PM
Ethical caution - by DetroitSki - 06-18-2008, 11:38 PM
Ethical caution - by cookderosa - 06-19-2008, 12:01 AM
Ethical caution - by cookderosa - 06-19-2008, 12:03 AM
Ethical caution - by jadechow - 06-19-2008, 12:57 AM
Ethical caution - by thatbrian - 06-19-2008, 04:21 AM
Ethical caution - by ShotoJuku - 06-19-2008, 08:20 AM
Ethical caution - by ShotoJuku - 06-19-2008, 08:44 AM
Ethical caution - by rubbersoul - 06-19-2008, 09:35 AM
Ethical caution - by greathomes - 06-19-2008, 09:39 AM
Ethical caution - by Shadowless - 06-19-2008, 10:17 AM
Ethical caution - by keylargo_diver - 06-19-2008, 10:56 AM
Ethical caution - by barcotta - 06-19-2008, 11:43 AM
Ethical caution - by yutzyj - 06-19-2008, 12:13 PM
Ethical caution - by iceman - 06-19-2008, 12:16 PM
Ethical caution - by iceman - 06-19-2008, 12:21 PM
Ethical caution - by bmills072200 - 06-19-2008, 12:31 PM
Ethical caution - by Shadowless - 06-19-2008, 12:45 PM
Ethical caution - by HawkGuy - 06-19-2008, 12:47 PM
Ethical caution - by Ronny - 06-19-2008, 01:14 PM
Ethical caution - by ShotoJuku - 06-19-2008, 01:21 PM
Ethical caution - by gcalvin - 06-19-2008, 01:34 PM
Ethical caution - by ShotoJuku - 06-19-2008, 01:54 PM
Ethical caution - by Shadowless - 06-19-2008, 02:04 PM
Ethical caution - by gcalvin - 06-19-2008, 02:04 PM
Ethical caution - by peppamint - 06-19-2008, 02:29 PM
Ethical caution - by Shadowless - 06-19-2008, 02:34 PM
Ethical caution - by gcalvin - 06-19-2008, 03:02 PM
Ethical caution - by ShotoJuku - 06-19-2008, 03:06 PM
Ethical caution - by ShotoJuku - 06-19-2008, 03:10 PM
Ethical caution - by Shadowless - 06-19-2008, 03:11 PM
Ethical caution - by gcalvin - 06-19-2008, 03:16 PM
Ethical caution - by bmills072200 - 06-19-2008, 03:18 PM
Ethical caution - by Shadowless - 06-19-2008, 03:20 PM
Ethical caution - by ShotoJuku - 06-19-2008, 03:21 PM
Ethical caution - by gcalvin - 06-19-2008, 03:32 PM
Ethical caution - by Epiphany - 06-19-2008, 03:45 PM
Ethical caution - by Shadowless - 06-19-2008, 03:47 PM
Ethical caution - by ShotoJuku - 06-19-2008, 03:54 PM
Ethical caution - by gcalvin - 06-19-2008, 04:04 PM
Ethical caution - by Shadowless - 06-19-2008, 04:13 PM
Ethical caution - by skyfall123 - 06-19-2008, 04:36 PM
Ethical caution - by barcotta - 06-19-2008, 04:43 PM
Ethical caution - by ShotoJuku - 06-19-2008, 06:29 PM
Ethical caution - by Farmerboy - 06-19-2008, 07:02 PM
Ethical caution - by iceman - 06-19-2008, 07:15 PM
Ethical caution - by HawkGuy - 06-19-2008, 08:04 PM
Ethical caution - by bmills072200 - 06-19-2008, 08:06 PM
Ethical caution - by rubbersoul - 06-19-2008, 08:35 PM
Ethical caution - by DetroitSki - 06-19-2008, 09:16 PM
Ethical caution - by Shadowless - 06-19-2008, 09:27 PM
Ethical caution - by Farmerboy - 06-19-2008, 09:41 PM
Ethical caution - by Kiwi Lover - 06-19-2008, 10:17 PM
Ethical caution - by Epiphany - 06-19-2008, 10:55 PM
Ethical caution - by keylargo_diver - 06-19-2008, 11:02 PM
Ethical caution - by iceman - 06-19-2008, 11:32 PM
Ethical caution - by goldpaws - 06-19-2008, 11:48 PM
Ethical caution - by thatbrian - 06-20-2008, 06:02 AM
Ethical caution - by Lindagerr - 06-20-2008, 07:44 AM
Ethical caution - by ShotoJuku - 06-20-2008, 08:36 AM
Ethical caution - by Farmerboy - 06-20-2008, 09:02 AM
Ethical caution - by Shadowless - 06-20-2008, 09:41 AM
Ethical caution - by barbara2bba - 06-20-2008, 05:14 PM
Ethical caution - by keylargo_diver - 06-20-2008, 07:18 PM
Ethical caution - by sgloer - 06-20-2008, 07:35 PM
Ethical caution - by patk - 06-20-2008, 08:22 PM
Ethical caution - by bat21 - 06-21-2008, 12:58 PM
Ethical caution - by pitbull30 - 06-21-2008, 06:19 PM
Ethical caution - by ShotoJuku - 06-21-2008, 06:26 PM
Ethical caution - by Greggy_D - 06-23-2008, 11:43 AM
Ethical caution - by ShotoJuku - 06-23-2008, 11:58 AM
Ethical caution - by Greggy_D - 06-23-2008, 12:00 PM
Ethical caution - by ShotoJuku - 06-23-2008, 12:10 PM
Ethical caution - by studyhard - 06-23-2008, 12:20 PM
Ethical caution - by Greggy_D - 06-23-2008, 12:25 PM
Ethical caution - by studyhard - 06-23-2008, 12:27 PM
Ethical caution - by ShotoJuku - 06-23-2008, 12:41 PM
Ethical caution - by Greggy_D - 06-23-2008, 12:45 PM
Ethical caution - by ShotoJuku - 06-23-2008, 12:51 PM
Ethical caution - by bmills072200 - 06-23-2008, 01:45 PM
Ethical caution - by barcotta - 06-23-2008, 03:21 PM
Ethical caution - by barbara2bba - 06-23-2008, 06:11 PM
Ethical caution - by bat21 - 06-26-2008, 11:41 PM
Ethical caution - by Lindagerr - 06-19-2008, 05:22 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ethical Guidelines for Insurance Professionals (Ethics 311) nomaduser 2 2,085 08-24-2020, 03:44 AM
Last Post: nomaduser
  Intro to Sociology-caution dcarlisle 26 10,672 09-19-2010, 08:28 PM
Last Post: MISin08
  Just a word of caution Lindagerr 0 1,542 11-12-2009, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Lindagerr

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)