04-04-2021, 11:10 AM
(04-04-2021, 11:03 AM)dfrecore Wrote:(04-03-2021, 09:18 AM)NC Coach Wrote: What would be the recommended study materials for the TECEP or CLEP for English Comp? I feel I have a very good understanding of how to compose proper paragraphs, but in terms of how to create any citations or whatever else may be specific to these tests, I would need something to reference prior to testing.
There's an Official CLEP study guide, you can buy a used one for like $4, get it at the library for free, or do ModernStates.org for free (plus you get a free voucher to take the exam, and they'll reimburse testing center fees). You can also just go online and look up citations.
https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/research_and_...guide.html
For the TECEP, I just looked up the OWL lab ^^ and took the test cold. There's just not a lot to the exam, I thought it was very easy. My best hint - copy what you type in, because when you click over to the next screen, they may ask you to retype what you just typed, and you can't go back to previous sections. Oh, and when I took it, there was no word counter, which was SUPER frustrating. I'd say that's the biggest issue with the TECEP is the setup of the exam, rather than the difficulty of the tasks.
That's very helpful. Thank you.
West Virginia University at Parkersburg, Associate of Applied Science, Board of Governors program
Traditional College Credits (RA):
18 Credits
ALEKS & CSM Learn:
12 Credits
Straighterline:
15 Credits
Sophia:
38 Credits
Total from All Sources:
83 Credits
Traditional College Credits (RA):
18 Credits
ALEKS & CSM Learn:
12 Credits
Straighterline:
15 Credits
Sophia:
38 Credits
Total from All Sources:
83 Credits


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)