05-18-2021, 12:21 PM
(This post was last modified: 05-18-2021, 12:24 PM by adegree4me.)
(05-18-2021, 12:04 PM)rachel83az Wrote: I haven't taken Spanish at UMPI but I have to say that I find it very bizarre that you are ONLY supposed to use the words directly covered within the course. I'm taking Finnish at XAMK and one of the first things they throw at us is an online translation dictionary. Because it would be extremely difficult even within just the first few lessons to cover EVERYTHING that might be important. Like, the lessons teach you how to say "I am from Spain" or "I am German" but don't include any non-European countries. It would be really weird to have to say "I am not Spanish. I am not German." instead of "I am American."
When I was taking Spanish in HS, we were encouraged to use Spanish dictionaries to increase our vocabulary. We were not to rely on ONLY the textbook. That advice runs counter to what just about every true polyglot says to do, too. If you stick to the book/lessons, you'll never be fluent. I know ashkir liked the teacher but these requirements are just silly.
RIGHT?! I mean the teacher is nice, but there's just no way I can cover MY autobiography in the content provided. So after 8 hours of rewriting, I submitting what I have.
(05-18-2021, 12:08 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hmm, I guess that's a couple of courses to take outside of UMPI - Language and Science course with Lab requirement! Example, Biology with Lab and French or Spanish
Yes! I agree. But Ashkir and Ssot might of had a much different experience.
Pierpont AAS BOG - Graduated 5/7/21
UMPI BAS minor in management- Graduated 6/1/2021
WGU MSML- Starting 7/1/21
UMPI BAS minor in management- Graduated 6/1/2021
WGU MSML- Starting 7/1/21


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)