Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
For-Profit Colleges Continue to Harm Poor Students
#10
(07-13-2021, 03:01 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(07-13-2021, 11:24 AM)ss20ts Wrote: Well considering the community college doesn't even have a 30% graduation rate using your logic it should close its doors.

Most people don't go to CC's to graduate anyway, so that's not a statistic you can really look at.  Did they learn the skills they needed?  Did they earn some credits and transfer to another school?  I know virtually no one who goes to a CC that's there to graduate - they're either in a program where they need to learn specific skills, they need to brush up on some things before going into another program, they need some pre-reqs for a graduate program, or they just want enough credits to transfer, which does not mean earning an AA/AS.

Good point. I know years ago when I went to CC I had no intentions to graduate. I had crappy math grades in HS and I needed to brush up before attempting admission to the state university.
WGU MBA 2022
WGU BSBA IT Management 2021
I'm done with school for a while. Time to go make some $ now!




Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: For-Profit Colleges Continue to Harm Poor Students - by GizmoJack - 07-13-2021, 03:22 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Colleges Are Quietly Backing Away From Speech Restrictions. Here’s Why LevelUP 2 517 08-17-2026, 09:53 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  This College Now Verifies Students’ Real-World Skills To Help Them Get Jobs LevelUP 0 404 08-17-2026, 08:32 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Online bachelor's degree for students fluent in Japanese archsvt 2 2,261 08-03-2026, 09:15 PM
Last Post: ueacquire
  College Students Are Testing at the Level of 10-Year-Olds LevelUP 8 1,953 07-08-2026, 10:27 AM
Last Post: Marcus Aurelius
  Why So Many High-Achieving Students Are Being Diagnosed With ADHD LevelUP 11 1,502 07-06-2026, 09:57 PM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  Why Students With Perfect 4.0 GPAs Get Rejected From The Ivy League LevelUP 0 644 05-09-2026, 10:33 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  The New Ivies: 20 Great Employer-Friendly Colleges Embracing AI LevelUP 0 748 04-30-2026, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Why colleges are turning to oral exams to combat AI LevelUP 3 1,144 04-12-2026, 07:44 PM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  Newsweek’s list of America’s Top Online Colleges for 2026 LevelUP 7 6,262 04-11-2026, 01:50 PM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  Discounts for Penn Foster students CollegeStudentAC 1 1,998 12-07-2025, 02:09 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)