07-29-2021, 12:48 AM
I spent more time talking to people in this degree program. I spoke to some of the faculty via email. I'm actually very impressed with this. I never thought I'd do a masters, but, now I'm thinking of doing 1 more year of school after UMPI and dot his, and just going straight to a doctorate. I've never thought of it before. Most of the people in this program are nurse practitioners or hospital administrators. I ran into one person with a background in simply leadership and they're liking the program.
The amount of work seems equivalent to what I'm getting at UMPI. I think I'll risk the $5000 extra to take a semester of this, to see if I can do it. Everyone I've been talking to has told me the first semester is the worst So if I can get through it I know I can do it.
I know this is NA, and not the "gold standard" RA, but, NA is still a silver standard, and acceptable. I plan on letting my reputation speak for me, but, with the degrees behind me to use it to push myself forward. I mostly want to do this for me. While this is a Doctor of Healthcare Administration, but the curriculum is almost all administrative and leadership based. This is a research doctorate not a dissertation doctorate, so the ability to create original knowledge is built into the whole program versus a full on dissertation. Basically kind of like those EdDs that require a ton of published articles, you'd be working on these with this program, at an accelerated rate.
It's very early on in this program, the first cohort graduates next week. I want to join for their 5th or 6th cohort ,enough time for them to get their kinks down, want to push graduation rates, and probably before they tighten requirements. Only a single class (DHA 806) is about Healthcare. But, it involves world wide health.
The amount of work seems equivalent to what I'm getting at UMPI. I think I'll risk the $5000 extra to take a semester of this, to see if I can do it. Everyone I've been talking to has told me the first semester is the worst So if I can get through it I know I can do it.
I know this is NA, and not the "gold standard" RA, but, NA is still a silver standard, and acceptable. I plan on letting my reputation speak for me, but, with the degrees behind me to use it to push myself forward. I mostly want to do this for me. While this is a Doctor of Healthcare Administration, but the curriculum is almost all administrative and leadership based. This is a research doctorate not a dissertation doctorate, so the ability to create original knowledge is built into the whole program versus a full on dissertation. Basically kind of like those EdDs that require a ton of published articles, you'd be working on these with this program, at an accelerated rate.
It's very early on in this program, the first cohort graduates next week. I want to join for their 5th or 6th cohort ,enough time for them to get their kinks down, want to push graduation rates, and probably before they tighten requirements. Only a single class (DHA 806) is about Healthcare. But, it involves world wide health.
Dr. Ashkir DHA, MBA, MAOL, PMP, GARA


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)