Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
MBA from Hellenic American University (HAU)
#7
(09-19-2021, 11:01 PM)Stoic Wrote: I just wish it wasn't an MBA.

An MBA from an unknown university looks bad on your profile–because MBA's are meant for networking and are pretty much setup as a social clubs.

If I look at a person's LinkedIn and I see an MBA from 4th+ tier school–I immediately think about how that person made a bad decision in putting in the time and effort to go to an unranked MBA program. Plus,  the person likely does not have any valuable contacts. It's messed up, but the MBA is pretty much the most elitists, and classist academic qualification that a person can get in this society. In big cities where you got it–is more important than anything else when meeting people in corporate settings. 

If this degree was a Masters in Management–I would do it in a heartbeat. Because those degrees are viewed differently,  and can actually look good on your profile, even from unranked schools. 

[edit] Has anyone asked them if this grant is available for that Sales Management Masters degree they offer?


I am sorry, but that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.  After over 30 years of work history in a few different industries, I have never seen any evidence of this.
Possible Next up: MS Analytics

MBA ‘26
BS Sociology 
[-] The following 2 users Like Vle045's post:
  • allvia, ss20ts
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: MBA from Hellenic American University (HAU) - by Vle045 - 09-20-2021, 09:58 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PhD Cheap by University of Brazil, Campinas (Unrecognized Institution) cahyo_adi 13 4,443 09-09-2026, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Sagan
  Graham International University wee2222 120 45,853 08-03-2026, 03:54 PM
Last Post: Sagan
  Carolina University - Cheap Accredited MA degree FireMedic_Philosopher 8 1,840 07-18-2026, 06:10 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Lamar University: One Free Graduate Level Course SpartacusPM 39 13,766 07-15-2026, 02:31 PM
Last Post: jfreemansh
  Newlane University Planning Graduate Degree WALLACEMC11 14 2,501 07-14-2026, 07:11 AM
Last Post: sal1820
  EUCLID University? FireMedic_Philosopher 39 15,356 07-07-2026, 06:05 PM
Last Post: nph
  Angelo State University MA in Mental Health and Wellness Counseling staceydiane 11 2,959 07-04-2026, 04:32 PM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  MA American History for $7,500 Mint Berry Crunch 48 16,080 06-12-2026, 04:14 PM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  Teesside University: Online MS Cybersecurity £7,560 (~$10K USD) bjcheung77 5 3,782 06-10-2026, 12:07 AM
Last Post: RKanarek
Lightbulb Nexford University MBA tordan 50 22,683 06-06-2026, 06:12 PM
Last Post: tordan

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)