Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Graduation tickets
#1
Hey All! I know that some here have said that they'd be interested in going to Graduation (in person) in May. I was also leaning towards it, so I was very excited to start receiving emails with graduation details. There were a few things that caught my attention, so I wanted to share. 

- It seems that the practice of shipping caps and gowns for free to anyone who wants to walk is over. I just ordered my cap and gown and it cost about $43 with shipping (for bachelors and associates). I think they were just sent out for free during the pandemic.

- I was surprised that the email states that tickets to graduation have to be picked up in person in April, so I emailed them about this and explained that I'm a Your Pace student who lives 15+ hours away. They replied that I can designate someone else to pick them up for me, so I replied again that I don't know anyone at UMPI or anyone who lives in the state of Maine. After more back and forth, they said that I could pick up tickets at rehearsal the day before graduation... and to be honest, I'm feeling pretty disappointed about this and told them so. I just don't feel comfortable booking flights and hotel for my family without having the tickets in hand. I'd rather they charged me for shipping and just send them to me. 

I get that it's a small school that's really geared towards local students, and I still love the school overall. I'm just sharing my perspective and experience so others know what to expect.
[-] The following 2 users Like nmnyc11's post:
  • Blkqueen8, Vle045
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Graduation tickets - by nmnyc11 - 03-08-2022, 01:52 PM
RE: Graduation tickets - by ss20ts - 03-08-2022, 05:40 PM
RE: Graduation tickets - by nmnyc11 - 03-09-2022, 11:02 AM
RE: Graduation tickets - by ss20ts - 03-09-2022, 04:05 PM
RE: Graduation tickets - by nmnyc11 - 03-10-2022, 05:41 PM
RE: Graduation tickets - by rachel83az - 03-09-2022, 11:06 AM
RE: Graduation tickets - by ashkir - 03-10-2022, 12:22 AM
RE: Graduation tickets - by Blkqueen8 - 03-10-2022, 01:23 AM
RE: Graduation tickets - by kidneysmasher - 03-10-2022, 01:30 AM
RE: Graduation tickets - by ss20ts - 03-11-2022, 03:00 PM
RE: Graduation tickets - by carebear_007 - 03-11-2022, 02:41 PM
RE: Graduation tickets - by ishady - 04-18-2024, 05:28 PM
RE: Graduation tickets - by ss20ts - 04-18-2024, 10:43 PM
RE: Graduation tickets - by ishady - 05-03-2024, 04:02 AM
RE: Graduation tickets - by bjcheung77 - 04-18-2024, 10:50 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Questions about graduation timeline and student ID for online students iwillbedrwho 2 1,857 08-16-2025, 11:08 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Applying for Graduation Armadillo1 5 2,295 03-08-2025, 12:29 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Average income after graduation low Bm1992 18 5,988 01-12-2025, 11:33 PM
Last Post: Bm1992
  Seeking Help with BLS Degree Plan Discrepancy and Graduation Requirements lyh 4 2,724 12-26-2024, 05:02 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Graduation Interview umpistudent 6 2,497 04-10-2024, 08:34 PM
Last Post: umpistudent
  One or two classes left and graduation bvndz 3 2,316 09-06-2023, 08:49 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Graduation rate Hwt673 5 3,142 08-29-2023, 05:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Apply for Graduation? klone 1 1,314 07-23-2023, 05:01 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
Wink Life After Graduation(email/diploma/...) MasterShu 7 4,359 07-09-2023, 11:17 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Graduation Application Infinite-Telephone52 1 1,705 06-07-2023, 09:22 AM
Last Post: ss20ts

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)