06-21-2022, 12:27 PM
(06-21-2022, 10:41 AM)EducationSeeker Wrote: Sorry to follow up on an older thread, but, regarding my older son, for the recommendation for ACE/NCCRS, do non-proctored classes or exams from these type of providers like Sophia, Saylor, Study.com, ONU exist. Since my older son has about 30 RA credits, I believe you recommended TESU. If he does the Finance or the Business Administration degree at TESU, I think this means that he would need to complete 2 courses...Capstone and one other course at TESU or are there more? What is the format of these courses and are these proctored? Are they mainly papers, how does it work? We are trying to find unproctored course/class provider options and I know they have been mentioned here.
If he were open to just doing Business Administration or even a Bachelor of Liberal Arts/General studies degree with a concentration in something in Economics, are there other cheaper options like UMPI for Business or Liberal Arts/Studies?
He has an interest in real estate and it doesn't seem like the Big 3 or UMPI, SNHU, WGU or less expensive options have an concentration in Real Estate. Since he is also looking at potentially looking at being an entrepreneur by real estate investment and flipping houses, I don't know that it makes a huge difference that his degree is in Business vs. Finance vs. Bachelor of Liberal Studies. I think getting the degree as a credential and moving on with his life is probably more important at this point although I think a business related field makes sense. Since he is looking at getting the degree cheaply and quickly, I think achieving the Bachelor's degree and moving on is most important.
Thanks,
Education Seeker
With an interest in real estate, he doesn't need a concentration in real estate. That's not a super common concentration. A business degree with a concentration in project management, management, accounting, or marketing would serve him well. He'd need skills in all of those areas.
Sophia is the only ACE provider that doesn't have proctors, but they are adding papers to many of their classes. Many schools also use proctoring.



![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)