Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Graduate Competency-based Programs
#9
(07-02-2022, 12:18 PM)sanantone Wrote:
(07-01-2022, 06:15 PM)Popestt Wrote:
(06-17-2022, 09:33 AM)jb0433 Wrote: Aside from WGU, UMass Global, Walden, Purdue, and UMPI, does anyone know of any other good graduate competency-based programs? I'm curious as to whether other graduate programs in competency exist. Currently, WGU excels at the graduate level, while UMPI excels at the undergraduate level, in my opinion. I recently discovered that Rasmussen University offers a competency graduate program, but it is not a true graduate program because you can only take three classes in an 11-week period. Which statement about competency education is False.

Columbia Southern University is Nationally accredited, but offers several CBE graduate degrees. I considered them for my MPH, but Rasmussen's CBE MPH came out a tiny bit cheaper and is regionally accredited.

I didn't know Columbia Southern offers CBE now.


I just looked at the wiki and saw Nations University. I thought they were self-paced but not necessarily competency-based.

ColumbiaSouthern has LifePace Learning.  I am not sure if it is true Competency based though.  They say you can do your classes in as few as 4 weeks or as much as 10 weeks.  So I think it’s flexible to a point but not exactly competency.
Possible Next up: MS Analytics

MBA ‘26
BS Sociology 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vle045's post:
  • Pikachu
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Graduate Competency-based Programs - by jb0433 - 06-17-2022, 09:33 AM
RE: Graduate Competency-based Programs - by Ideas - 06-17-2022, 11:01 AM
RE: Graduate Competency-based Programs - by Alpha - 06-17-2022, 07:23 PM
RE: Graduate Competency-based Programs - by Vle045 - 07-02-2022, 02:31 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Graduate Degree in Math - What is the best route for one course at a time? udi 8 1,159 09-25-2026, 11:12 PM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  Getting into competitive graduate programs chrisv 20 2,994 08-02-2026, 11:21 AM
Last Post: PauFraTat
  Lamar University: One Free Graduate Level Course SpartacusPM 39 13,768 07-15-2026, 02:31 PM
Last Post: jfreemansh
  Graduate Schools that accept the most transfer credits sanantone 113 138,238 07-15-2026, 02:33 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Newlane University Planning Graduate Degree WALLACEMC11 14 2,503 07-14-2026, 07:11 AM
Last Post: sal1820
  Harvard Kennedy School 10-Year Plan Eyes Increasing Online Programs Jonathan Whatley 0 1,048 06-06-2026, 05:36 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  3 Woolf Partnership Programs - AI, CS, Software Engineering bjcheung77 16 4,736 05-25-2026, 11:30 AM
Last Post: Eleanor
  Harvard Graduate Poetry Classes Still $250 Per Class for Teachers.Epstein Connections eriehiker 8 2,788 05-11-2026, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  Self-Paced (not CBE) Graduate Programs freeloader 9 2,798 03-05-2026, 01:13 PM
Last Post: freeloader
  Any MPA Programs (Master of Public Admin) Channy 29 9,471 02-24-2026, 03:14 PM
Last Post: newdegree

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)