Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
In-Person vs. Online vs. Virtual Courses
#10
(07-27-2022, 02:33 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(07-27-2022, 01:33 PM)Stacie Wrote:
(07-27-2022, 12:49 PM)ss20ts Wrote: I prefer asynchronous classes. I will watch Zoom meetings afterwards. I have only participated in them with a specific professor in grad school because I felt like I got a lot out of what she talks about in the calls. They're very interactive with her. In my experience, most professors who hold Zoom meetings literally read a PowerPoint to you. They're not interactive. They're boring and don't go beyond the reading in the text. These I watch after they're recorded so I can skip ahead and not watch an hour long video where I learn nothing.

Butts in seats classes on a college campus? I'm not 20 so I don't have time for that. After completing 8 courses in 8 weeks, there's no way I could sit through 15 week long semesters and not be bored out of my mind.

Mood. I'm going to see if there are more classes I can test out of soon. Halfway through and I just want to get it over with. 
8 courses in 8 weeks? How'd you do that??

8 courses in 8 weeks was at UMPI. That's the beauty of a CBE program. You move through classes at your own pace. Where are you enrolled now?

Damn, I wanted to go to university in Maine. Or Vermont.  Heart
For privacy reasons, I won't tell, but I know my university doesn't have a CBE program.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: In-Person vs. Online vs. Virtual Courses - by Stacie - 07-27-2022, 03:47 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UNED Spanish online university Avidreader 10 6,285 3 hours ago
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  Business Required Courses? Am I reading this right? Arkhos 2 3,795 09-26-2026, 12:55 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 54 72,700 09-25-2026, 10:47 PM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  $100 1 credit Graduate Education courses from The Federal Reserve & Wichita State U KaraStarbuck 8 3,938 09-02-2026, 11:29 AM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  Thoughts on BYU Independent Study's religion courses? daydream 9 1,439 08-13-2026, 01:14 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Online bachelor's degree for students fluent in Japanese archsvt 2 2,318 08-03-2026, 09:15 PM
Last Post: ueacquire
  Did COVID-19 lead to a sustained surge in online enrollment? Probably not. sanantone 9 2,209 04-29-2026, 02:19 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Looking for online, self-paced computer science core courses that offer RA credits mylo 5 1,808 04-22-2026, 05:41 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Newsweek’s list of America’s Top Online Colleges for 2026 LevelUP 7 6,338 04-11-2026, 01:50 PM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  Lawmakers tried to kill CA’s online community college. Now it’s growing rapidly LevelUP 0 1,055 04-09-2026, 03:52 PM
Last Post: LevelUP

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)