Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Purdue Global Associates in IT - Planning Help
#3
(08-23-2022, 03:07 AM)Pikachu Wrote: I'm planning to do an Associate's in IT (Associate of Applied Science in Information Technology with a Concentration in Programming and Software Development) from Purdue Global. I want to graduate quickly (preferably 1 term) and take the minimum courses possible at PUG. Main motivation is to parlay this Associate's into a top-up CS or IT degree in the UK. 

90 credits are required. A maximum of 67 credits can be transferred. 

I already have the AWS Cloud Practitioner cert and have almost completed the Google IT Support Professional cert. W3S PHP cert will be done soon too. I've attached a spreadsheet laying out what certs/courses I think I'll have to take and their equivalents at Purdue. I may have included 1 or 2 courses more than are necessary.

Also, do you all know if two concentrations are possible? I emailed PUG but their reply didn't address my query at all.

Links: While there are plans for a Bachelor degree from PUG here, I couldn't find plans for an Associate's. I'll be greatful for your help.

The bachelor's IT degree plan will show all the courses you need for the associate's degree

https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/PU...egree_Plan

It looks like your cost for this associate's degree will be $8533.

PUG will only let you take 2 courses per term, so you won't be able to do everything in one term.

Given the cost/time, you may be better off going for the bachelor's IT degree.
Study.com – Get 10% Off: https://altcredit.click/study10

Degrees: BA Comp Sci; BS Business Admin (CIS); AS Nat Sci & Math — TESU (4.0 GPA)
Certs: Google (IT Support, Digital Marketing, Proj Mgmt); W3Schools PHP
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Purdue Global Associates in IT - Planning Help - by LevelUP - 08-23-2022, 05:51 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Associates degree options for beginners bjcheung77 0 1,481 12-10-2025, 06:47 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Associates Degree - General Requirements bjcheung77 0 6,517 05-15-2025, 10:40 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Pierpont BOG Associates - speedrun before residency changes millionwords 42 19,627 01-04-2025, 01:51 AM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Coastline.edu California associates ACE credit? danyfondue10 1 1,843 10-10-2024, 11:31 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Question Guidance Requested - Degree Planning Help bandito_crispeta 12 4,336 07-08-2024, 10:44 PM
Last Post: bandito_crispeta
  Pierpont associates Query Jbloggs 23 7,291 06-28-2024, 09:50 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BOG Associates electives Cttwidd 5 2,962 01-24-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Need help planning what to take at Sophia for Pierpont whiverem 11 5,264 01-03-2024, 09:58 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Question about Pierpont Associates Math/Science requirement kcstudent 6 2,490 11-02-2023, 05:26 PM
Last Post: kcstudent
  Associates at Columbia Southern University learningthehardway 5 3,525 06-11-2023, 03:36 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)