cookderosa Wrote:I know this is unofficial, but for you math people, which of these courses would you GUESS might duplicate credit? I won't hold you to your answer LOL. THANKS
1. Beginning Algebra ALEK-0001
2. Business Statistics ALEK-0008
3. College Algebra ALEK-0003
4. College Algebra with Trigonometry ALEK-0004
5. Intermediate Algebra ALEK-0002
6. Introduction to Statistics ALEK-0007
7. PreCalculus ALEK-0005
8. Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences ALEK-0009
9. Trigonometry ALEK-0006
[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Navy"]Unofficially, I'd be willing to bet that none of the statistics courses are going to be duplicates. Statistics is a pretty deep and wide subject.
Beginning Algebra and Intermediate Algebra are generally prerequisites to College Algebra, so I am pretty sure that your son can take all three of these without duplicating credit. In fact, my instituion will not award college-level credit for Beginning Algebra or Intermediate Algebra because they are at a level under 1000. Basically, College Algebra is the minimum. When you enroll there, you must take an Accuplacer test and pray to God that you will score high enough to go into College Algebra. Otherwise, you have to take Beginning or Intermediate Algebra, which they consider to be remedial courses.
Precalculus definitely stands alone.
College Algebra with Trigonometry and Trigonometry are the ones I am a little bit confused about. They may be duplicates - the rest look pretty solid. [/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]Here is my lineup since January 2008![/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]UP NEXT: Introductory Business Law
Biology 53
Intro to Educational Psychology 63
Principles of Marketing 65
College Algebra 60
Introductory Psychology 70
Human Growth and Development 68
Information Sys. Computer App. 48 OUCH!
Introductory Sociology 66
Principles of Management 70
[B]US History II 56
[B]Analyzing & Interpreting Literature 54 [B][SIZE="1"]COLD[/SIZE]
English Composition with Essay 52 [SIZE="1"]COLD[/SIZE]
Plus, the 24 credits I've earned at the traditional B&M so far.
[SIZE="2"]
[SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]UP NEXT: Introductory Business Law
Biology 53
Intro to Educational Psychology 63
Principles of Marketing 65
College Algebra 60
Introductory Psychology 70
Human Growth and Development 68
Information Sys. Computer App. 48 OUCH!
Introductory Sociology 66
Principles of Management 70
[B]US History II 56
[B]Analyzing & Interpreting Literature 54 [B][SIZE="1"]COLD[/SIZE]
English Composition with Essay 52 [SIZE="1"]COLD[/SIZE]
Plus, the 24 credits I've earned at the traditional B&M so far.
[SIZE="2"]
[COLOR="Red"]I am graduating in December of 2009!
BS in Human Resources Management
Saint Mary's University of Minnesota[/COLOR]
[/SIZE][/B][/B][/B][/SIZE]BS in Human Resources Management
Saint Mary's University of Minnesota[/COLOR]


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)