Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Will graduate schools in the United States and abroad accept an online college degree
#1
Thumbs Up 
I have been researching online colleges for quite a few days now. I understand colleges like Excelsior, WGU, and TESU provide a valid bachelor's (master's too) degree. They have been accredited, so there are no questions about their authenticity. I am convinced about that. But my questions are:

1. Will graduate schools like Harvard & MIT accept these degrees? No, I know they are very selective. Not everyone will get the chance to be enrolled. But Having an Excelsior degree is a minus there, or is the validation quite the same?

2. How can I determine if schools in other countries/continents like Canada, Europe, and Asia will accept these degrees?

3. What if I enrol in a "not so reputable" graduate school and get a master's? If I want to do another master after that from a "reputable" one? Will that ease up the process?

4. (this one is traditional, but I don't know) If I get a bachelor's degree in Business from Excelsior, Can I do my masters in CS from another graduate school? 

Getting answers to these confusions will help me go through the journey, and I will be grateful to you guys. Thank you so much for your attention and participation.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Will graduate schools in the United States and abroad accept an online college degree - by shoron - 01-05-2023, 01:54 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Graduate Degree in Math - What is the best route for one course at a time? udi 8 1,184 09-25-2026, 11:12 PM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  Keystone College CBE MBA, Six Concentrations, $5000 per 16 Weeks Jonathan Whatley 3 3,547 08-19-2026, 03:45 PM
Last Post: manyoptions4me
  NEW Fordham Online Masters in International Humanitarian Action smartdegree 0 512 08-18-2026, 06:50 PM
Last Post: smartdegree
  New Fully Online MS in Quantum Computing (Fei Tian College) - $20k truthfulness 7 1,063 08-13-2026, 04:15 PM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  UGC Opens Door to One-Year Online Master’s from India Jonathan Whatley 1 754 08-06-2026, 05:42 AM
Last Post: cc95
  Getting into competitive graduate programs chrisv 20 3,035 08-02-2026, 11:21 AM
Last Post: PauFraTat
  California options in Mental Health Grad Schools termdec 2 680 07-26-2026, 07:49 PM
Last Post: termdec
  Carolina University - Cheap Accredited MA degree FireMedic_Philosopher 8 1,865 07-18-2026, 06:10 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Some Movement Toward Hybrid Online Degrees for Psychologists and Psych Practitioners Jonathan Whatley 0 924 07-17-2026, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  MBA (Máster Universitario) Online for 1275€ - Universidad de las Hespérides (Spain) Voldigoad 17 4,340 07-16-2026, 09:16 PM
Last Post: SteveFoerster

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)