01-13-2023, 02:29 PM
Hello!
I've rewritten this post a few times already because I don't really know what to say but basically I'm lost.
For background, I am a mass communication specialist in the Navy. I work in public relations and visual communication. I've done a number of different things while in the service and outside of it including photography, videography, print production, journalism, graphic design and animation (3D and 2D), and more. I am definitely an artsy nerd and I was very fortunate to continue my passion whilst also serving my country.
I'm not too sure where I'd like to be when I leave the service but something in communications seems like the obvious choice. I would love to pursue some form of art degree but I haven't been able to find one that would allow me to transfer a large number of credits. While researching the different programs UMPI offers, I figured the two that suited me best were the BA in English and BABA in Marketing. I talked to an enrollment specialist and they think the English one would help me. I'm inclined to agree because every industry needs clear communication. I have the experience but I know I need the degree too.
I have a plan in place that I based on the previous threads. I will knock out as much as I can on Sophia and then pivot to the other platforms. I know that the English one is the most writing heavy and hopefully I can still knock it out in three sessions. I will definitely be coming back to this forum often too so I apologize in advance.
But back to being lost... Am I missing something? Am I being too ambitious or not enough? I feel like I'm doing something wrong. I'm a parent so I desperately don't want to fail my family. Is there something else I should be doing instead? Any words of wisdom or even hard pills to swallow would be most helpful.
I've rewritten this post a few times already because I don't really know what to say but basically I'm lost.
For background, I am a mass communication specialist in the Navy. I work in public relations and visual communication. I've done a number of different things while in the service and outside of it including photography, videography, print production, journalism, graphic design and animation (3D and 2D), and more. I am definitely an artsy nerd and I was very fortunate to continue my passion whilst also serving my country.
I'm not too sure where I'd like to be when I leave the service but something in communications seems like the obvious choice. I would love to pursue some form of art degree but I haven't been able to find one that would allow me to transfer a large number of credits. While researching the different programs UMPI offers, I figured the two that suited me best were the BA in English and BABA in Marketing. I talked to an enrollment specialist and they think the English one would help me. I'm inclined to agree because every industry needs clear communication. I have the experience but I know I need the degree too.
I have a plan in place that I based on the previous threads. I will knock out as much as I can on Sophia and then pivot to the other platforms. I know that the English one is the most writing heavy and hopefully I can still knock it out in three sessions. I will definitely be coming back to this forum often too so I apologize in advance.
But back to being lost... Am I missing something? Am I being too ambitious or not enough? I feel like I'm doing something wrong. I'm a parent so I desperately don't want to fail my family. Is there something else I should be doing instead? Any words of wisdom or even hard pills to swallow would be most helpful.


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)