Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
I need help figuring out how to finally obtain Bachelors, advice appreciated
#17
(05-21-2023, 06:29 PM)LevelUP Wrote:
(05-21-2023, 06:01 PM)dadof3 Wrote:
(05-21-2023, 05:18 PM)LevelUP Wrote: I would suggest sticking with WGU. You can switch to the IT major. I'm not sure how much time you would save.
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/WG...egree_Plan

For the WGU IT major

You avoid taking CompTIA project+ by doing Sopha project management. (I did Sophia's course in one day)
(Project+ is reportedly easier than A+)

AWS Cloud Practitioner can be done in 2-7 days.

ITIL Foundations Cert is reportedly pretty easy.

Finite Mathematics might be tough to do if you are weak in math. 

Networks & Network and Security - Applications you have done already.

WGU thoughts

WGU is pretty easy till you hit a hard class or tough cert. Some certs can be done easily in a week while a few can take over a month to study for.
Thank you!

This makes sense and is what I was originally considering but that Project+ has been eluding me for 2 terms now. With the Sophia option, wouldn’t I have to leave WGU for 6 months to do that and transfer it in? Or how would that work?

It's probably not worth it to go through the reenrollment process for a few courses. I'm not sure how long you have to wait before you attempt to enroll again.

You're only 5 courses from being done, that is pretty close though some of those certs are tough. 

The CompTIA CySa+ cert isn't an easy one to get. 

Checking some of the Reddit posts, they are taking 2-4 weeks to get the cert at best
https://www.reddit.com/r/CompTIA/comment...nce_and_3/

I would buy those practice tests on Udemy to help study for those types of certs. If you can pass the practice test, then hopefully you can pass the real deal.
Yeah that’s where I’m so hung up on these certs. I’m scoring well on Udemy etc and following all the advice I can find to study and just not passing when it comes to the real deal which is why I feel like I’ve hit a wall with this cyber path.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dadof3's post:
  • LevelUP
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: I need help figuring out how to finally obtain Bachelors, advice appreciated - by dadof3 - 05-21-2023, 07:07 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advice needed - Tier 1 Masters or Doc irvineboy 8 894 09-26-2026, 08:18 PM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  Advice needed TESU Biology sg82 1 450 09-17-2026, 09:38 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Business degree advice please - currently in progress thanks4help 0 343 09-13-2026, 08:48 PM
Last Post: thanks4help
Big Grin Considering TESU - Bachelors ASAP bustinjon 16 3,889 08-30-2026, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  Time to finish my bachelors RejuvenationOclock 3 959 07-01-2026, 12:52 AM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  Degree planning advice request outofcomfortzone 8 1,865 04-14-2026, 09:08 PM
Last Post: outofcomfortzone
  BS in IT (2nd TESU Bachelors) HawkGuy 7 1,818 03-10-2026, 09:01 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Bachelors/Masters After Existing Masters termdec 17 4,326 03-02-2026, 03:29 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  need ideas for a bachelors degree logic 5 1,965 02-28-2026, 02:21 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  2nd Bachelors, tons of RA credits. TradeFederationSupporter2 1 966 02-28-2026, 01:48 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)