Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Excelsior University BS in Liberal Arts Upper Credit Transfer Options
#13
(06-30-2023, 07:12 PM)Niketay Wrote:
(06-30-2023, 11:57 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
Niketay Wrote:Ahhh I see. Is the 24 credit requirement per degree plan? Or just total? Like let’s say I completed the BALS with CS concentration with 24 credits earned through TESU, would I need another 24 credits for another degree? Or if I have all the courses I need, just the capstone? 

This is very helpful by the way. I am also waiting for an updated TESU evaluation. My last one had 88 credits with 32 credits left for a BALS with a concentration in CS.  Shy 

I do not have too many business courses, but I do have a few CS/IT courses and I thought the optional concentration would be nice.

Residency credits remain at 24 credits throughout your studies at TESU, even if you add certs, associates, and a second Bachelors.  Having said that, if you're going for a second degree, you need 24 credits that are NEW after conferral of first degree.  A workaround is to get both Bachelors completed at the same time to remove that requirement.  For the second degree, if it's in another school (BALS + BSBA), you have a different capstone, so that is the additional requirement.  You should post your evaluation without personal details so we see where you stand, I would do the BALS with NSM concentration using mainly CS courses instead...

I will see if I can get that evaluation over here. Did you happen to know by chance which courses from lawshelf would transfer as upper level arts/science credit? I will link the equivalency guide I found on lawshelf here.

Easy enough to see that only 2 courses come in as Social Science, and both of those come in as LL.  Everything else is listed as Elective, Business Elective, or Health Science Elective - none of which are Arts & Sciences.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Excelsior University BS in Liberal Arts Upper Credit Transfer Options - by dfrecore - 07-04-2023, 10:21 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excelsior 113 vs 105 transfer credit clarification? thanks4help 1 390 09-26-2026, 08:40 PM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  Fielding Graduate University Merges with Excelsior Marcus Aurelius 17 4,173 06-22-2026, 01:15 AM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  Excelsior U to Offer DBA MISin08 12 3,219 05-25-2026, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  Need help planning BS Liberal Arts from Study.com to Excelsior helaurin 10 3,278 01-05-2026, 05:43 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Excelsior University - Fixed Rate Tuition bjcheung77 9 5,342 12-24-2025, 11:41 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Using Study.com to Fill in Excelsior Degree Requirements bjcheung77 0 1,225 11-16-2025, 10:13 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Excelsior BS Criminal Justice degree plan new2this 7 5,331 06-05-2025, 02:45 PM
Last Post: WorkingGal
  NEW: Excelsior Students Must Now Complete 15 Credits In-House pilot 14 18,366 06-04-2025, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Looking for someone who has or is working on their BS in Criminal Justice @Excelsior WorkingGal 2 2,372 06-03-2025, 02:59 PM
Last Post: WorkingGal
  Excelsior Bachelor Degree Requirements - Gen Ed, Electives, Major bjcheung77 0 5,637 04-30-2025, 07:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)