Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Shortest Path to Bachelors in CS?
#1
Hi everyone, I have a slightly different request.

I have 2 degrees already and I am 90% finished with my third.

B.S. in Accounting & Finance
M.S. in Computer Science (90% completed)
J.D. Juris Doctorate (Law).

Even though I (almost) have a Masters in CS, for various reasons certain applications I am interested in require both a Bachelors and Masters in CS.  With my current undergrad major, I do not meet that requirement.  So I want to understand what would be the fastest way to use some of my credits to obtain a Bachelors in CS.  It doesn't matter what school it comes from, just looking for the quickest solution.  Cost matters too.

I am assuming that the courses I earned in undergrad and my masters could not be applied to another degree?  I would love to be wrong about that.

B.S. Degree (145 cr) - my college gave me 28 transfer credits from AP courses on my transcript, but I still met the requirements of the degree without those credits. I assume the AP courses are not usable because they appear on the transcript?
M.S. Degree (27 cr + 3 planned)
J.D. Degree (88 cr)

But if we are only looking at the coursework that has not been applied to a degree yet, here is my "extra" coursework:

Python Computer Science I (Community College, 3 cr)
Computer Architecture & Organization (Community College, 3 cr)
Java Computer Science I (Community College, 3 cr)
Artificial Intelligence (Community College, 3 cr)
Data Structures & Algorithms (Quarter-based college, 2.5 cr)
Discrete Math (College extension school, 3 cr)
Linear Algebra (College extension school, 3 cr)
General Chemistry I (Community College, 4 cr)
General Chemistry II (Community College, 4 cr)
Organic Chemistry I (Community College, 4 cr)
Organic Chemistry II (Community College, 4 cr)

Planned: (I know this forum has workarounds for these classes but I need letter grades direct from schools for these calculus courses)
Calculus & Analytic Geometry I (Community College, 5 cr)
Calculus & Analytic Geometry II (Community College, 5 cr)

Let me know what you think.  I am looking at TESU currently, but I'm not sure how my degree would be structured given it would be essentially a second bachelors.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Shortest Path to Bachelors in CS? - by csbachelor - 07-17-2023, 10:01 AM
RE: Shortest Path to Bachelors in CS? - by fmsoa - 07-17-2023, 08:41 PM
RE: Shortest Path to Bachelors in CS? - by fmsoa - 07-18-2023, 10:17 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Big Grin Considering TESU - Bachelors ASAP bustinjon 16 3,720 08-30-2026, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  Best Low-Cost Path to a U.S. Bachelor's or Associate akr680 8 1,723 07-20-2026, 11:52 AM
Last Post: akr680
  Time to finish my bachelors RejuvenationOclock 3 906 07-01-2026, 12:52 AM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
Question Need help planning for a degree path please WDue 19 4,458 04-23-2026, 10:10 AM
Last Post: WDue
  Degree Path Help Free_Jinn 2 1,091 03-23-2026, 09:49 PM
Last Post: Free_Jinn
  BS in IT (2nd TESU Bachelors) HawkGuy 7 1,767 03-10-2026, 09:01 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Bachelors/Masters After Existing Masters termdec 17 4,247 03-02-2026, 03:29 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  need ideas for a bachelors degree logic 5 1,907 02-28-2026, 02:21 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  2nd Bachelors, tons of RA credits. TradeFederationSupporter2 1 932 02-28-2026, 01:48 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Help with degree path please and thank you maddieb 3 1,282 02-26-2026, 05:15 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)