Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
MBA from Hellenic American University (HAU)
(09-06-2023, 01:24 PM)Flelm Wrote: Unfortunately I had to take some time away from everything due to family issues. I withdrew from my 4th class (BUS513, Business, Policy, and the International Economy) and skipped the Spring semester. I signed back up for classes in Summer (BUS528, Managerial Finance) and now Fall (BUS527HR, Strategic Human Resource Management, in Fall 1, BUS6109, Accounting for Decision Making, for Fall 2).

BUS528 - Managerial Finance: The professor used the textbook's website (Cengage) for all assignments. Homework weekly, 30 question midterm, 30 question final. I had a tough time with this class. I could do the math no problem but I had a hard time translating questions to formulas. That's a me problem though. The annoying part about the homework was you got 3 attempts, but rather than best of 3 it was average of 3. So if you got one question wrong on a problem set on attempt 1, got them all right on attempt 2, you still needed to do attempt 3 to get your score up. The one saving grace for me is the professor extended the timeline for the course from 7 weeks to 14 weeks. This was for everyone, not just for me.

BUS527HR - Strategic Human Resource Management: Just starting this one. Lots of group work and PowerPoint presentations (2/week, but 3-4 slides each it looks like), including video recordings of the presentations. A midterm paper and a final paper, about 10-15 pages each. Too early to give more feedback.

I have a family member that just completed this MBA (July 2023).  There are two courses that use the Cengage platform, the BUS528 and another required accounting accounting course (I don't know the course number, probably the BUS6109 Accounting for Decision Making), same professor I believe. I have been informed that it was common for students to opt for the 14 week version vs the 7 week one. My family member managed to get through the 7 weeks, but only because they were taking one course at a time, and happened to have a huge amount of time to dedicate to it. They managed a 'B' (maybe even B-) and considered themselves lucky; sometimes you just gotta take the pass and move on. It was one of those courses where you figure your overall GPA will work itself out in the end (and it did). However, I do recall they were not pleasant to be around during the course(s)  Big Grin  These were the only two courses that they questioned their decision to even get a MBA, but they're glad they did now (rewarded with a promotion and raise upon it's completion) . I'm sure you'll be glad too - and not just because it's over!  Thanks for the update.
Amberton - MSHRB
TESU - ASNSM/BSBA



Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: MBA from Hellenic American University (HAU) - by allvia - 09-06-2023, 03:04 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PhD Cheap by University of Brazil, Campinas (Unrecognized Institution) cahyo_adi 13 4,452 09-09-2026, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Sagan
  Graham International University wee2222 120 45,954 08-03-2026, 03:54 PM
Last Post: Sagan
  Carolina University - Cheap Accredited MA degree FireMedic_Philosopher 8 1,862 07-18-2026, 06:10 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Lamar University: One Free Graduate Level Course SpartacusPM 39 13,795 07-15-2026, 02:31 PM
Last Post: jfreemansh
  Newlane University Planning Graduate Degree WALLACEMC11 14 2,527 07-14-2026, 07:11 AM
Last Post: sal1820
  EUCLID University? FireMedic_Philosopher 39 15,400 07-07-2026, 06:05 PM
Last Post: nph
  Angelo State University MA in Mental Health and Wellness Counseling staceydiane 11 2,971 07-04-2026, 04:32 PM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  MA American History for $7,500 Mint Berry Crunch 48 16,113 06-12-2026, 04:14 PM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  Teesside University: Online MS Cybersecurity £7,560 (~$10K USD) bjcheung77 5 3,790 06-10-2026, 12:07 AM
Last Post: RKanarek
Lightbulb Nexford University MBA tordan 50 22,725 06-06-2026, 06:12 PM
Last Post: tordan

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)