Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
TAMUC Texas History?
#6
(09-15-2023, 12:27 PM)dy4242 Wrote:
(09-14-2023, 05:49 PM)ltw900rr Wrote: Hello all,

 After receiving advice from this forum, I applied to TAMUC and sent my transcript from community college, and took a few classes at Sophia to get some missing core classes. You can see my progress below:

link to my transfer classes

I am only waiting to see if Sophia US History: Learn from the past prepare for the future will work for the 040 course requirement. TAMUC did not accept Visual Communication from Sophia for 040

sample TAMUC plan

The above wiki plan helped me a lot. Thanks for sharing it. 

This is my 1st semester taking classes at TAMUC and I am taking CID 338, I feel like I understand the class and am able to find the answers in the online book etc. I just finished quiz 2 and plan on doing quiz 3 tomorrow after work.

I am also taking the required TX Government and politics PSCI 2306. I started the reading and felt very confused and overwhelmed. It seems like the instructor has links going everywhere with no rhyme or reason to it. It does not have the structure of the CID 338 course.  

Has anyone taken the required TX Government and Politics course through TAMUC? Can you give me any pointers or suggestions or anything?

Did you also take the biology lab?

No biology lab. you just need 6 hours of science. They accepted Biology and Environmental Science from Sophia. Let me know if you have any other questions. There is a link in my 1st post that shows everything they accepted so far from Sophia and my CC classes from the late 90's.

(09-15-2023, 01:25 PM)fromthedepths Wrote:
(09-15-2023, 07:22 AM)mohelena02 Wrote: It's a required class you have to take it. Is your teacher Ms. Dodd?

That class was a nightmare you just have to keep pushing. I enjoy the subject matter and am quite knowledgeable  however the way the class is set up makes no sense to anyone. I got all As and a C in that class.

Oh god...I had Dodd as well. I felt like if I had been in my late teens taking that class from her I would have been scared off. She took her time grading everything but last I heard she took last term off because of some health issues. Dr. Kelly Payne took over the class and was super helpful in getting everything graded and communication.

I will say that it was the hardest class out of the entire program so, once you get that one done the rest is pretty much a cake walk in my opinion.

Yes, It is Kelly Payne. I currently teach high school, I could not imagine trying to teach a class where the curriculum is so unorganized. My other choice is to take it from a local community college. 

I was just curious if others had pushed through the class, or if they took it from somewhere other than TAMUC.

Completed:
TAMUC BAAS Org Leadership
SJC AAS Automotive Technology
Reply


Messages In This Thread
TAMUC Texas History? - by ltw900rr - 09-14-2023, 05:49 PM
RE: TAMUC Texas History? - by rachel83az - 09-15-2023, 03:07 AM
RE: TAMUC Texas History? - by mohelena02 - 09-15-2023, 07:22 AM
RE: TAMUC Texas History? - by fromthedepths - 09-15-2023, 01:25 PM
RE: TAMUC Texas History? - by dy4242 - 09-15-2023, 12:27 PM
RE: TAMUC Texas History? - by ltw900rr - 09-15-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: TAMUC Texas History? - by mohelena02 - 09-15-2023, 07:26 PM
RE: TAMUC Texas History? - by fromthedepths - 09-15-2023, 03:51 PM
RE: TAMUC Texas History? - by bjcheung77 - 09-15-2023, 11:47 PM
RE: TAMUC Texas History? - by ReyMysterioso - 09-19-2023, 09:20 PM
RE: TAMUC Texas History? - by fromthedepths - 09-20-2023, 02:27 PM
RE: TAMUC Texas History? - by ltw900rr - 10-03-2023, 09:56 PM
RE: TAMUC Texas History? - by fromthedepths - 10-03-2023, 11:57 PM
RE: TAMUC Texas History? - by HoustonGuy - 10-07-2023, 04:16 PM
RE: TAMUC Texas History? - by ltw900rr - 10-07-2023, 09:38 PM
RE: TAMUC Texas History? - by fromthedepths - 10-07-2023, 04:38 PM
RE: TAMUC Texas History? - by bjcheung77 - 10-07-2023, 05:00 PM
RE: TAMUC Texas History? - by fromthedepths - 10-07-2023, 10:41 PM
RE: TAMUC Texas History? - by fromthedepths - 10-10-2023, 03:38 PM
RE: TAMUC Texas History? - by ltw900rr - 10-10-2023, 04:19 PM
RE: TAMUC Texas History? - by fromthedepths - 10-10-2023, 04:22 PM
RE: TAMUC Texas History? - by HoustonGuy - 10-12-2023, 10:30 PM
RE: TAMUC Texas History? - by ltw900rr - 10-13-2023, 05:39 AM
RE: TAMUC Texas History? - by fromthedepths - 10-13-2023, 10:24 AM
RE: TAMUC Texas History? - by HoustonGuy - 10-14-2023, 02:39 PM
RE: TAMUC Texas History? - by HoustonGuy - 10-15-2023, 08:51 AM
RE: TAMUC Texas History? - by fromthedepths - 10-15-2023, 11:14 AM
RE: TAMUC Texas History? - by ltw900rr - 10-16-2023, 05:59 AM
RE: TAMUC Texas History? - by HoustonGuy - 10-23-2023, 12:46 PM
RE: TAMUC Texas History? - by ltw900rr - 10-23-2023, 07:43 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TAMUC class review ltw900rr 47 31,214 09-24-2026, 11:58 PM
Last Post: VanillaBean
  ETAMU / TAMUC accelerate ? VanillaBean 2 784 07-15-2026, 06:26 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Questions about applying for a CBE degree at East Texas A&M University Jin Wang 6 2,000 04-27-2026, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Jin Wang
  TAMUC - Accepted KagomeH 9 5,468 03-28-2026, 10:09 AM
Last Post: KagomeH
  ETAMUC - Texas gov Pinkeypie 6 2,120 02-02-2026, 05:59 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Choosing between Org Leadership & Gen Studies CBE at ETAMU (E.Texas A&M) futbolista89 5 2,693 11-24-2025, 11:20 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  East Texas A&M - Plan darthweezy 22 6,569 08-22-2025, 09:16 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TAMUC and Study.com UL Courses PPR 4 2,010 07-12-2025, 10:42 PM
Last Post: PPR
  TAMUC Competency Based Program List bjcheung77 89 50,879 07-07-2025, 02:59 PM
Last Post: VanillaBean
  TAMUC English Comp II & TX Govt ?s VanillaBean 2 1,409 07-07-2025, 02:42 PM
Last Post: VanillaBean

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)