Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Metropolia University Common Problems Resolved
#9
(09-19-2023, 05:48 PM)Avidreader Wrote: That is precisely the email that I sent twice in vain, the viope support one. Almost 6 weeks and crickets. I have a Metropolia login, that was oddly the smooth part for me. Everyone has a hard time getting that and it was so easy for me. But nope, the viope hurdle so far has been impossible. I don't know if you have to email them on the viope email everyday or any tips.

That's weird. Viope support has always responded to my questions and has graded my classes and let me know when it was done. The most they've taken was like 5 days for my Intro to Operating Systems class, but they've always been not too slow to respond.

First, I would make sure that you have written the right email and then check if your messages were sent correctly. Make sure your mailbox can receive messages and that the messages you're sending aren't encrypted.

If none of the basic troubleshooting works, I would probably assume that they missed your email if you only sent one because they should take a max of 4 weeks to grade your course. Send them another email and wait a few days for them to respond. If that doesn't work, I would probably email [email protected] and let them know that Viope support didn't respond to you. They will likely forward the email to them and then you will likely get a faster response that way.

(09-19-2023, 08:31 PM)sarahmac Wrote:
(09-19-2023, 04:59 PM)mariobros1985 Wrote:
(09-19-2023, 04:03 PM)Avidreader Wrote: I have been unable to log into my metropolia account and it has been like 2 months. I think I did the passport verification and that went fine, but I still can't enter the viope course hurdle. It's like I have the opposite problem everyone else has. I sent at least 2 emails but nobody answers me. At the rate I am unable to enter the account, I guess I am going to get a 0 on the ciurse I enrolled in.

First of all, you need to make a separate account in Viope in order to access the courses that you enrolled to. Follow this link (https://vw4.viope.com/login?org=metropolia) and then follow these instructions: Press on "Enroll on the course" and then fill in the required information (if you enrolled for several courses, select the first one you would like to enroll to in Viope just to sign up). Make sure you send an email to [email protected] and let them know that you finished the course to get it graded (follow the instructions that I included in my attachment from this thread).


Next, if you haven't gotten your login credentials yet, you may want to contact [email protected] in order to get them and tell her that you already verified your identity. You may get a secure message to either verify it again or you will get your login information. I remember that I went to this website to get my password reset to use my account for the first time: http://activation.metropolia.fi/

Also, I have something else to say.

First, I think I should clarify something as I think I might've explained it a little poorly. Basically, you don't get a HAKA login when you enroll to courses with Metropolia using the method to verify your identity later with the passport or with a driver's license like I did. You only get an account that can be used exclusively for Metropolia's services. I found this out when I tried to enroll for more courses with the HAKA method and when trying to log in with HAKA to Metropolia's Moodle services; it didn't let me at all. The email that I received saying that I didn't have a saved Finnish personal ID number in the student registry explains why. I had to use the Metropolia login for Moodle and had to use the option to verify my identity later and transfer the courses from the new to the old account in order to enroll for the courses.

Second, I think it's not important for most people, but if you want to use your Metropolia email account located at mail.metropolia.fi, you need to either be in Finland or use a VPN set to Finland. I tried using it without a VPN and in other virtual locations and it didn't let me access the mail.metropolia.fi page.

Just a small clarification - HAKA is for logging into other universities. You cannot log in via HAKA at XAMK if the credentials are provided by XAMK. You cannot login via HAKA at Metropolia if the credentials are provided by Metropolia. You have to use the universities own login. HAKA is strictly for credit logging at institutions other than your own "home" one, that is the whole point of the HAKA network. So it is unsurprising that you were not able to do this at Metropolia - this is not a glitch.

I am surprised you couldn't log in via HAKA at Metropolia using XAMK credentials though. Worked fine for me, and I don't have a Finnish ID. Also at U Helsinki.

I couldn't enroll for courses using the XAMK HAKA login at all. I kept getting a system error message and I couldn't get it fixed at all. I ended up doing the alternative way of enrolling by proving my identity through secure email.

Thanks for the HAKA info as well! I guess I might be mistaken and I could probably login to another Finnish university that way, although I did get the email saying that I didn't have that Finnish ID thing to enroll for more courses with the HAKA login method.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Metropolia University Common Problems Resolved - by mariobros1985 - 09-19-2023, 10:59 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  China Cuts 12,200 University Programs, Replaces Many With AI Degrees LevelUP 3 1,085 09-25-2026, 11:57 PM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  university of michigan goes pass/fail for first semester freshman bluebooger 2 645 08-13-2026, 11:36 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Ashford University ladylearner 7 2,359 05-28-2026, 11:21 PM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  CodeSignal’s University Ranking Report Reveals Higher Ed’s Blind Spot LevelUP 1 1,152 04-30-2026, 07:57 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Book: Uncommon Sense: Rethinking Ordinary Problems in Extraordinary Ways LevelUP 1 688 04-30-2026, 07:51 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  International Open University in The Gambia sal1820 2 3,781 04-07-2026, 07:51 PM
Last Post: DoctorHAK
  Metropolia UAS IT Programme changes after 31.7.2024 cro-magnon 25 12,456 04-04-2026, 12:39 AM
Last Post: boblax
  Underrated University chopliver2 20 11,760 02-13-2026, 02:11 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  I completed my bachelors at Newlane University. This was my experience. Jakehazex21 0 4,667 12-31-2025, 11:47 AM
Last Post: Jakehazex21
  Commonwealth University College of Medicine - $18.5K (4 years total) bjcheung77 7 4,857 12-31-2025, 08:55 AM
Last Post: degreedude80

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)