Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Upper Level Credits - Excelsior
#9
snazzlefrag Wrote:Hi Ana,

It is interesting to see "DANTES Intro to Business" included in your 12 upper level credits. Was this approved by your advisor? The reason I ask, is that Intro to Business is ACE approved only as a lower level credit.

Please let us know if this is accurate.

Thanks,
Snazzlefrag
In fact, I did not have this course as part of my Advanced Level credits; I had another exam and the advisor suggested this one. I've wondered about the Dantes Intro. to Business being L division too. Now I may have misread the advisor's message to me; here is an excerpt from the e-mail from the advisor after I submitted my original course plan
.pdf   Less than 1 minute ago">Original BSGB Degree Plan.pdf (Size: 25.05 KB / Downloads: 43) for approval; if you think I misread it let me know:[INDENT]
The business section looks fine they will all apply as you have stated with the exception of Principles of Supervision. This is not an advanced level exam. However you have the DANTES Management Information System listed under Free electives, this is an advanced level Business. The Excelsior College exams Organizational Behavior and Ethics: Theory& Practice are also advanced level. Therefore you may want to take the Principles of Supervision and the DANTES Introduction to Business instead of two of the exams you have listed under the advanced level.[/INDENT]

In any case I'm resubmitting my plan for approval to make super duper sure! I'll post it once I receive it.

For everyone's benefit, I don't think it's wise to get a full degree plan from a forum or website. There's always the risk of taking an exam or course that may not apply as you originally intended, upper division or lower division, business degree or otherwise. The technicalities are best left to the advisors. Like snazzlefrag stated, one of the classes I thought was upper may be lower division. But, I don't have to worry either way because it's been approved. Furthermore, my degree is valid for me because I registered at Excelsior in Jan. 2006, but someone reading this forum in Sept. 2006 may be faced with different requirements and might be going down the wrong path following my degree plan. (Yes folks, it's a disclaimer Smile)
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Upper Level Credits - Excelsior - by ThatPoshGirl - 02-26-2006, 10:37 AM
Upper Level Credits - Excelsior - by ShotoJuku - 02-26-2006, 11:07 AM
Upper Level Credits - Excelsior - by snazzlefrag - 02-26-2006, 01:06 PM
Upper Level Credits - Excelsior - by anar579 - 02-26-2006, 01:13 PM
Upper Level Credits - Excelsior - by anar579 - 02-26-2006, 01:22 PM
Upper Level Credits - Excelsior - by snazzlefrag - 02-26-2006, 01:24 PM
Upper Level Credits - Excelsior - by snazzlefrag - 02-26-2006, 01:32 PM
Upper Level Credits - Excelsior - by ShotoJuku - 02-26-2006, 04:50 PM
Upper Level Credits - Excelsior - by anar579 - 02-26-2006, 06:11 PM
Upper Level Credits - Excelsior - by anar579 - 02-27-2006, 11:27 AM
Upper Level Credits - Excelsior - by BELLA - 02-28-2006, 12:57 PM
Upper Level Credits - Excelsior - by barcotta - 04-02-2007, 12:58 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  College Students Are Testing at the Level of 10-Year-Olds LevelUP 8 1,989 07-08-2026, 10:27 AM
Last Post: Marcus Aurelius
  Looking for online, self-paced computer science core courses that offer RA credits mylo 5 1,801 04-22-2026, 05:41 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  I went crazy and bought 5 - Level 7 Diploma's... bjcheung77 17 10,324 04-19-2026, 09:18 AM
Last Post: wow
  1098-T & tuition tax deductions/credits wow 2 1,115 04-09-2026, 04:23 PM
Last Post: wow
  OTHM Level 7 Public Admin Channy 0 783 02-18-2026, 06:36 PM
Last Post: Channy
  How does OTHM, QUALIFI & ATHE Credits appear in Transcript ZenD 3 1,546 02-05-2026, 10:34 AM
Last Post: PearsonOTHMQualifi7654
  Graduate Political Science Credits TINASAM 8 2,285 01-31-2026, 09:03 AM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Level 5 TEFL Diploma - £120 Kalas 13 4,719 01-06-2026, 02:25 PM
Last Post: CollegeStudentAC
  Looking for cheap RA credits bjcheung77 3 1,615 12-29-2025, 01:43 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How do ECTS credits map to a US degree? EstBob72 4 2,431 12-23-2025, 12:50 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)