Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
New Georgetown Coursera Bachelors
#68
(02-12-2024, 02:36 PM)mohelena02 Wrote:
(02-12-2024, 02:21 PM)SilentWarrior Wrote:
(02-11-2024, 11:29 AM)mohelena02 Wrote:
(02-11-2024, 12:19 AM)SilentWarrior Wrote:
(02-06-2024, 10:13 PM)mohelena02 Wrote: Update - My partner is in this program. He got word from his advisor that they are revamping the program to make it easier for people to graduate. They are removing some of the class requirements.
I am assuming this is because they do not have a ton of classes available every semester, so they are trying to make it easier for people.

My partner still has two more semesters to go. He is currently taking 5 classes.
You’re referring to the Georgetown BA in Liberal Studies online through scs? I’m starting my first semester this Fall of 2024 class. I chose the Business concentration. I’m starting fresh out high school later in life.

Yes, the Georgetown BLS is what I am referring to. My partner is doing the International Relations concentration. Apparently the changes will take place in 2025.
Why did you choose this degree path?
I chose this degree path because I enjoy liberal studies. I chose business because I plan on getting into marketing and sales. Might also do the Master in Applied Intelligence in the future if I enjoy my undergraduate experience through scs. Also because Georgetown is a solid name and from the looks of the faculty they are top notch. Also the price of the program and the Georgetown name intrigued me. I was also admitted to SLU SPS, Villanova CPS, and Xavier APEX for an online undergraduate degree. I also fancy a Jesuit education. Quick question is there a religion requirement in the curriculum? Still officially deciding between my Villanova CPS program and the Georgetown BLS program. I start this Fall 2024 so I have to decide soon.

No religion from what I see my partner doing. As a matter of fact some of the courses are extremely progressive.
How are things with administration and advising? All the reviews I read about Georgetown scs are good about faculty and most classes but bad reviews about administration and advising? Would love to hear your partners experience with how reliable administration and advising is?
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: New Georgetown Coursera Bachelors - by ss20ts - 11-18-2022, 09:08 PM
RE: New Georgetown Coursera Bachelors - by KSoul - 01-08-2023, 09:00 PM
RE: New Georgetown Coursera Bachelors - by xianbd - 01-19-2023, 09:42 PM
RE: New Georgetown Coursera Bachelors - by frankc - 07-01-2023, 06:55 PM
RE: New Georgetown Coursera Bachelors - by Kab - 06-29-2023, 07:51 AM
RE: New Georgetown Coursera Bachelors - by xianbd - 06-29-2023, 11:39 PM
RE: New Georgetown Coursera Bachelors - by frankc - 07-01-2023, 11:24 PM
RE: New Georgetown Coursera Bachelors - by frankc - 07-02-2023, 03:37 PM
RE: New Georgetown Coursera Bachelors - by allvia - 08-27-2023, 08:53 AM
RE: New Georgetown Coursera Bachelors - by xianbd - 08-27-2023, 07:39 PM
RE: New Georgetown Coursera Bachelors - by SilentWarrior - 02-12-2024, 04:03 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Even More Coursera Professional Certs?! Mint Berry Crunch 1 678 06-28-2026, 09:29 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  More Coursera Professional Certs Mint Berry Crunch 0 620 05-25-2026, 10:54 PM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  I completed my bachelors at Newlane University. This was my experience. Jakehazex21 0 4,756 12-31-2025, 11:47 AM
Last Post: Jakehazex21
  Coursera to buy Udemy, creating $2.5 billion firm to target AI training LevelUP 5 4,031 12-22-2025, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Best path for interior design (NCIDQ exam) for bachelors in another field? spohara 9 10,317 06-25-2025, 05:47 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  3 Year Bachelors from a Community College natshar 4 3,134 06-03-2025, 09:32 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Is speed important on Coursera? Mems88 13 4,821 04-28-2025, 07:52 AM
Last Post: Mems88
  Any accelerated online engineering bachelors out there? jobojoe285 13 29,146 04-11-2025, 07:15 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Coursera's Online EMT Program sanantone 3 6,643 03-04-2025, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  Coursera Plus - $120 off Vle045 11 12,274 12-27-2024, 04:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)