Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Replacing credit; Excelsior College
#3
Casey1300 Wrote:Had a question for any Excelsior students that have experience with this.

I have 6 credits from when I went to college right after high school. They are both Humanity credits; a total of 6.

Comm 101 intro to speech I got a D.

And Arts 100 I got a C.

I want to take the 6 credit Humanity clep. Can I replace those two grades above with the humanity clep? I want to improve my GPA and can't let that "D" ride on my transcript. Any info would be appreciated.



Excelsior only awards pass/fail credit for the clep general exams, so it will not effect your GPA. So go ahead and challenge the test. I would definately delete the "D" though.
When you get all your credits in and you are getting ready to graduate, figure your GPA with and without the ARTS "C". If it is beneficial keep it, if it is decreases your GPA chunk it...
As always, confirm with an advisor.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Replacing credit; Excelsior College - by siersema - 06-25-2006, 10:34 PM
Replacing credit; Excelsior College - by cederic824 - 06-25-2006, 11:08 PM
Replacing credit; Excelsior College - by anar579 - 06-28-2006, 01:56 PM
Replacing credit; Excelsior College - by anar579 - 06-28-2006, 07:45 PM
Replacing credit; Excelsior College - by yutzyj - 06-28-2006, 07:54 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Todd Wallack WP: For less than $100, I clicked my way toward a college degree in days LevelUP 32 4,666 09-28-2026, 04:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Survey: Majority of Americans Say College Not Affordable LevelUP 15 1,779 09-25-2026, 10:24 PM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  $100 1 credit Graduate Education courses from The Federal Reserve & Wichita State U KaraStarbuck 8 3,899 09-02-2026, 11:29 AM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  College costs top $100,000 at 15 schools LevelUP 0 377 08-21-2026, 01:41 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  This College Now Verifies Students’ Real-World Skills To Help Them Get Jobs LevelUP 0 412 08-17-2026, 08:32 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  The Rise Of The Vibe School In College Admissions LevelUP 7 1,442 08-05-2026, 04:33 PM
Last Post: lickington
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 12 7,113 07-22-2026, 03:25 PM
Last Post: tomicavols
  College Students Are Testing at the Level of 10-Year-Olds LevelUP 8 1,964 07-08-2026, 10:27 AM
Last Post: Marcus Aurelius
  Academic ‘boot camp’ helps veterans build college confidence LevelUP 0 567 06-30-2026, 07:55 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Over 41 Million Adults Say They Want To Enroll In College, But Will They? LevelUP 2 768 06-12-2026, 03:05 PM
Last Post: SteveFoerster

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)