Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
UMPI BLS Degree planning advice, need help
#3
Yes, you're correct! My last name is Hui. I can study the whole day without a problem like 8-10 hours ish I guess...NO school NO nothing atm... Can 100% focus on studies. Want to finish my bachelor's asap. By looking at your last name I guess you're from hk also, right?
I forgot to mention, that I am currently studying at the University of Essex Online as well, doesn't seem like a lot of people mentioned probably since it cannot be accelerated.

Credits obtained from University of Essex Online: (TOTAL UK CREDITS 60)
Fundamentals of Effective Learning, Mark:62 Credits 15
Business and Management Skills, Mark 50 Credits 15
Fundamentals of Marketing, Mark 63 Credits 15
Human Resource Management Mark 57 Credits 15

Credits obtained from the University of Liverpool (First year) (CertHE) (TOTAL UK CREDITS 120)
Introduction to Accounting and Finance (Non-specialist) Mark 50 Credits 15
Economic Principles For Business and Markets Mark 51 Credits 15
Business Statistics, Mark 55 Credits 15
Professional and Academic Skills for Marketing and International Business, Mark 53 Credits 15
International Business Environment, Mark 60 Credits 15
Fundamentals of Marketing, Mark 53 Credits 15
Consumer Behaviour, Mark 62 Credits 15
Organizations and Management, Mark 51, Credits 15

Liverpool International College (don't know if that's relevant lol) (UK CREDITS 60? I'm not sure)

Economics in an International Context Mark 67 Outcome Pass Credit 12
Statistics Mark 71 Outcome Pass Credit 12
Business Organizations Mark 61 pass Credit 12
Business Management Mark 69 Pass Credit 12
Language for Study 3 Mark 65 Pass Credit 12
Skills for Study Mark 62 Pass Credit 12

XAMK credits ( No idea if that's relevant too lol but I want to gain as much free ECTS as possible because of the potential of transferring it to US credits (RA credits to be precise?)) (TOTAL ECTS 25 at the moment)

Destination Finland 5 credit, Mark 5
Intercultural competencies 5 credit, Mark 4
Digital skills in hospitality service production 5 credits, Mark 5
Customized services in hospitality business 5 credit, Mark 5
Customer-oriented marketing 5 credit, Pass

Considering my case, what potentially can be waived by your experience? GEC? electives? And around how many can be waived?
What are the differences between Pierpont BOG AAS and Sophia courses?  As I have noticed most people are promoting Sophia......
Besides, I have looked at the Requirements of BAS, and I want to avoid Math and Science as much as possible because I am really bad at Math.....and I want most of my work done by essays and writing, word count won't be a problem. Exams are ok ish and I want as less proctored exams as possible (open-book exams will be fine, as long as you can google the answers lol), would BLS be a better option?
From what I saw on the forum and degree plans, is it better to do the language thing in UMPI? How do I do the science and lab...Can it be done online? Or it can be done at Sophia/Pierpont? Sorry for too many questions, as US education is a bit confusing... I get the general ideas but I don't understand the details...
Again, thanks for your help old master, I am really a newbie when it comes to US online study.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: UMPI BLS Degree planning advice, need help - by huiwh1998 - 04-05-2024, 02:22 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for guidance for UMPI acesup_11 6 526 09-27-2026, 03:57 PM
Last Post: acesup_11
  Advice needed - Tier 1 Masters or Doc irvineboy 8 748 09-26-2026, 08:18 PM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  Help with choosing Statistics degree Pilotpivot3 8 3,386 09-26-2026, 12:32 AM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  Undergraduate Electrical Engineering degree online cheeseberserk 21 11,152 09-26-2026, 12:22 AM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  Advice needed TESU Biology sg82 1 351 09-17-2026, 09:38 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Business degree advice please - currently in progress thanks4help 0 274 09-13-2026, 08:48 PM
Last Post: thanks4help
  Options for completing a Master's degree in Education? amos316 3 788 08-30-2026, 03:32 PM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  Should I take some Study.com courses before applying to UMPI for BA in Psych? Ariadne 3 973 07-30-2026, 05:34 AM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  Credit recognition for EU Bachelor’s degree: looking for flexible online Master’s pat acajka 6 1,493 07-08-2026, 08:19 AM
Last Post: soba
  UMPI BLS + Accounting Minor — What Other Minors Can I Add with My Transfer Credits? [email protected] 7 3,226 06-26-2026, 10:12 AM
Last Post: jg_nuy

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)