Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
List of Cheap Online MBA Programs That Can Be Completed in Under 1 Year
#25
I think one that should now be added to this list is the MBA from Columbia Southern University.  They are now a regionally accredited university and recently received ACBSP accreditation for the MBA program.  On top of this, a number of relatively recent posts from students on Reddit have stated that there are no proctors, only two 3-5 page papers per class, and you can finish in 4-5 months.  All of this for around $12,500 total.

Here is an example of what a student has recently said:

"I'm currently in the MBA LifePace program at Columbia Southern University (CSU). I started this week, and I'm really enjoying it so far.

I chose CSU because I wanted an online MBA program that didn't require competency-based model testing or proctors. I work full-time, so I didn't have the time or the flexibility to deal with those requirements and I have test anxiety. WGU and others are great but it's a bit of pressure to manage the testing situation for WGU.

At CSU, the new LifePace format was originally hated by everyone when it was rolled out this past April, but it's actually grown on most students. Each class has two deliverables that require extensive papers. There are also two lectures about 3-4 weeks apart, two online posts, and perhaps a journal or class assignment depending on the class. The lectures are likely due to the regulatory agency's heightened focus on for profits and their offerings of instructor/teacher support. The change in format was a decision made to ensure their accreditation (now regional) stays in good graces... imo

But as far as workload; That's it.

Really 2 assignments per class and if you write to the rubric; you are good!

A lot of ppl like the new format. Its the same for undergrad/grad and doctoral I am told.

Overall, I'm really happy with the CSU MBA LifePace program. It's a great option for working professionals who want to earn their MBA but don't want the anxiety of WGU or other competency based programs with intense proctors; etc.

you can accelerate as the classes start every 5 weeks- you can obtain your MBA in about 4-5 months as you only need 13 or so classes depending on your MBA specialization.

I hope this helps!"


And here is another different example:

"Not hard at all; I just finished in 4months but i took 4 classes each month. It is extremely do’able."
[-] The following 1 user Likes octoco's post:
  • Jonathan Whatley
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: List of Cheap Online MBA Programs That Can Be Completed in Under 1 Year - by octoco - 04-05-2024, 09:38 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PhD Cheap by University of Brazil, Campinas (Unrecognized Institution) cahyo_adi 13 4,434 09-09-2026, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Sagan
  NEW Fordham Online Masters in International Humanitarian Action smartdegree 0 490 08-18-2026, 06:50 PM
Last Post: smartdegree
  New Fully Online MS in Quantum Computing (Fei Tian College) - $20k truthfulness 7 1,047 08-13-2026, 04:15 PM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  UGC Opens Door to One-Year Online Master’s from India Jonathan Whatley 1 733 08-06-2026, 05:42 AM
Last Post: cc95
  Getting into competitive graduate programs chrisv 20 2,944 08-02-2026, 11:21 AM
Last Post: PauFraTat
  Carolina University - Cheap Accredited MA degree FireMedic_Philosopher 8 1,817 07-18-2026, 06:10 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Some Movement Toward Hybrid Online Degrees for Psychologists and Psych Practitioners Jonathan Whatley 0 893 07-17-2026, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  MBA (Máster Universitario) Online for 1275€ - Universidad de las Hespérides (Spain) Voldigoad 17 4,284 07-16-2026, 09:16 PM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  Assessing the International Equivalency/acceptance of Online Degrees from the Big 3 Aimed 24 9,066 06-18-2026, 11:14 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Teesside University: Online MS Cybersecurity £7,560 (~$10K USD) bjcheung77 5 3,775 06-10-2026, 12:07 AM
Last Post: RKanarek

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)