Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Advice on degree options
#1
Hi! I am new here, so forgive me if I don't use the acronyms much. They are a little overwhelming, lol. I am so grateful for this forum! I have gotten so much information - it has been so helpful.

I am 56 and have 38 years experience as a licensed optician, general manager, operations manager, technical trainer, corporate trainer, and also a dog trainer (yes, dog).
 
I have a few college credits, eng 101, 102, soc 101, and contemporary America soc 102. They are from like 35 years ago. 
I apprenticed and went through a technical training program, of which I became one of their trainers, from Eckerd Technical Training (closed over 20 years).
 
I am hoping to create a new career teaching English as a second language. I have completed a 168 hour TEFL certification with specialties in teaching business English, teaching online and 1 on 1, as well as teaching young learners.
While I can teach esl now with just the diploma, the pay is low and certain countries require a bachelors degree. In anything.

I was thinking of Sophia and UMPI. I thought the Bachelors in liberal studies w/ minor in education... I like the time flexibility and cost savings. I am still working full time and have some health concerns. I would like to find the quickest and lowest cost path. I'm not afraid of putting in the hard work. 

I'm not necessarily beholden to that degree, It just looked like it would fit.

Would anyone be able to offer advice?

Thanks
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Advice on degree options - by juliakeller2011 - 04-09-2024, 10:44 PM
RE: Advice on degree options - by LevelUP - 04-09-2024, 11:00 PM
RE: Advice on degree options - by juliakeller2011 - 04-09-2024, 11:14 PM
RE: Advice on degree options - by bjcheung77 - 04-09-2024, 11:25 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Options for completing a Master's degree in Education? amos316 5 1,010 10-02-2026, 09:50 AM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  Advice needed - Tier 1 Masters or Doc irvineboy 8 910 09-26-2026, 08:18 PM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  Help with choosing Statistics degree Pilotpivot3 8 3,507 09-26-2026, 12:32 AM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  Undergraduate Electrical Engineering degree online cheeseberserk 21 11,420 09-26-2026, 12:22 AM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  Advice needed TESU Biology sg82 1 457 09-17-2026, 09:38 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Business degree advice please - currently in progress thanks4help 0 352 09-13-2026, 08:48 PM
Last Post: thanks4help
  Credit recognition for EU Bachelor’s degree: looking for flexible online Master’s pat acajka 6 1,569 07-08-2026, 08:19 AM
Last Post: soba
  Degree eval query joebloggs 1 728 06-24-2026, 09:38 AM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  Pre- rec for nursing degree planning LadySearchDog 7 2,652 06-02-2026, 05:30 AM
Last Post: myriam555
Sad I'm in Degree Hell sal1820 17 4,921 05-31-2026, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Maltus

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)