05-05-2024, 06:44 PM
Hello all!
Your Location: US, Oregon
Your Age: 30
What kind of degree?: Bachelors
RA Credits / Other: None, besides sophia
Sophia Learning Credits:
Environmental Science
Introduction to Information Technology
Introduction to Relational Databases
Introduction to Web Development
Project Management
US History I
Visual Communications
Any certifications or military experience?
None
Budget: Ideally not more than a few thousand a year. I can receive up to $5k/yr in tuition assistance (with caveats), and would like to limit how much is spent beyond that.
Commitments: Full time work, several sports, a partner.
Dedicated time to study: 1-2 hours/day. Possibly more on weekend. 7-12/week total.
Timeline: ASAP, ideally
Tuition assistance/reimbursement: 5k/year, if I can make a compelling argument that the course will help me improve in my performance of my job as a Software Engineer.
Goal?: I am currently employed as a software engineer, but some of the higher positions in my company require a degree. The degree needs to be in Computer Science, or in a subject/area close enough that I can make a good argument (ie: IT, Math, Software Engineering, CIS, etc).
The Sophia classes I took were originally in service of following the SNHU CS Degree Plan on the wiki, but if there's another degree elsewhere that would allow more transfer credits, I'm open.
I would ideally like to avoid proctored exams as much as possible, my hours and hobbies can make scheduling those very, very inconvenient.
Thank you very much for any guidance or suggestions about which way to go!
Your Location: US, Oregon
Your Age: 30
What kind of degree?: Bachelors
RA Credits / Other: None, besides sophia
Sophia Learning Credits:
Environmental Science
Introduction to Information Technology
Introduction to Relational Databases
Introduction to Web Development
Project Management
US History I
Visual Communications
Any certifications or military experience?
None
Budget: Ideally not more than a few thousand a year. I can receive up to $5k/yr in tuition assistance (with caveats), and would like to limit how much is spent beyond that.
Commitments: Full time work, several sports, a partner.
Dedicated time to study: 1-2 hours/day. Possibly more on weekend. 7-12/week total.
Timeline: ASAP, ideally
Tuition assistance/reimbursement: 5k/year, if I can make a compelling argument that the course will help me improve in my performance of my job as a Software Engineer.
Goal?: I am currently employed as a software engineer, but some of the higher positions in my company require a degree. The degree needs to be in Computer Science, or in a subject/area close enough that I can make a good argument (ie: IT, Math, Software Engineering, CIS, etc).
The Sophia classes I took were originally in service of following the SNHU CS Degree Plan on the wiki, but if there's another degree elsewhere that would allow more transfer credits, I'm open.
I would ideally like to avoid proctored exams as much as possible, my hours and hobbies can make scheduling those very, very inconvenient.
Thank you very much for any guidance or suggestions about which way to go!


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)