08-30-2024, 05:24 PM
(08-30-2024, 03:45 PM)Duneranger Wrote: This is a lot of words without saying much.
There still very little PhD programs online, period. All of my colleagues are MDs and I work with residents every single day (probably over a thousand at this point with many recent grads). The newer grads all said the online COVID hard sciences (both pre med and medical school) were a joke and no one thought doing A&P lab online was "just as good as good". SDF is not real life, I spent many years on that forum and would never use it as a gauge for anything in medicine.
I would love to know how the handful of PhDs in multidisciplinary studies or diversity online changed someone's life. OR are you referring to the Liberty PhDs no one takes seriously?
I NEVER said online school was not viable, so you can cut the strawman nonsense. Only that online PhDs (in meaningful subject areas, literally anything besides organization leadership or the former) are not a thing for a reason.
To the OP, go to CCU, knock your socks off. Not my life or money. This is more for others reading.
As a side note, if you are paying for a PhD, you are getting scammed. Any LEGITIMATE PhD program is funded. Why? Because you are supposed to be doing research, research generates revenue for the discipline and school. Get out of this echo chamber and ask this question on reddit (academia or PhD sub) or literally any other forum. You will get the same answer.
This is a lot of words without saying much.
You know that's not true, lol.
There still very little PhD programs online, period.
Not so. Between the U.S. and other countries, there are 10s of thousands of schools offering online education now. Of the roughly 10-15% of U.S. schools alone that offer PhDs online, that's still a lot of PhDs.
The newer grads all said the online COVID hard sciences (both pre med and medical school) were a joke and no one thought doing A&P lab online was "just as good as good". SDF is not real life, I spent many years on that forum and would never use it as a gauge for anything in medicine.
Everyone is not a fit for online education.
I would love to know how the handful of PhDs in multidisciplinary studies or diversity online changed someone's life. OR are you referring to the Liberty PhDs no one takes seriously?
Heh, I'm just saying that there have been more than enough success stories over the years that forums like these can even continue to exist. People are not just getting these degrees and then hitting the streets for a life of hunger and homelessness, lol. People are improving their lives, or at the very least learning something new... which is also an improvement to one's life in some way.
I NEVER said online school was not viable, so you can cut the strawman nonsense.
You seem upset, lol. No strawman, I think anyone reading what you've written would get the impression that you're not the biggest fan of online education, not just in reference to the PhD matter.
Only that online PhDs (in meaningful subject areas, literally anything besides organization leadership or the former) are not a thing for a reason.
I think you would be surprised at how many meaningful subject areas are actually taught online at the PhD level today here and across the globe if you were to dig as much as many of us on this forum have. I bet there are very few degree subjects at this point that aren't being either partially, mostly, or entirely taught online. On the other hand, what is or isn't meaningful can be subjective.
Any LEGITIMATE PhD program is funded. Why? Because you are supposed to be doing research, research generates revenue for the discipline and school.
People in online PhD programs still do research. Accreditors are not going to allow them to be done in the same way a standard professional degree would be earned.
Get out of this echo chamber and ask this question on reddit (academia or PhD sub) or literally any other forum. You will get the same answer.
Reddit is a cesspool for education topics. It's bad, not Student Doctor Network bad, but bad. Reddit is basically: "If you didn't go to a top 10 school, you wasted your life, your time, and your money! Just die!" LOL! Complete nonsense, but that's the kind of the stuff you get over there all day every day. I supposed if one agrees with that thinking then they wouldn't see the problem with it, but from the outside looking in, I find it absolutely nuts. Perhaps you see us in the same way. I don't know what to say to that, but I know we're not changing.


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)