Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Master's Degree Options
#9
(09-23-2024, 12:06 PM)spohara Wrote: This forum is very geared toward inexpensive schools, which you don't need.  Post-9/11 GI Bill gives you a full ride for your entire masters program.  What you should be looking for is the best school you can find that is either public or yellow ribbon, that offers a masters program in the timeline you're looking for.  It seems your time management is pretty good, but a masters program is not going to be like undergrad, so I recommend checking what the pace is like in a program before overstretching yourself.  If you have over a 3.0, just write a really good statement of purpose and make sure you have a good writing sample and you can get into whatever school you want (not 100% true, but almost, they'll like your background).

I have 60% GI Bill coverage, which means I am on the hook for the remaining 40% of tuition. Yellow Ribbon does not kick in unless you have 100% GI Bill. So, I do need to consider the financial side of grad school.

Thank you for the advice. Another big issue is that my cumulative GPA is not great from my prior issues with undergrad. I have been successful at UMPI as I've learned a few things in the decade since I last tried school, however I do not want to burn through ridiculous amounts of credits just to get a degree. Thanks again for your feedback, once I have a better plan I will update.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Master's Degree Options - by dm.hans32 - 09-15-2024, 05:00 PM
RE: Master's Degree Options - by TINASAM - 09-15-2024, 05:36 PM
RE: Master's Degree Options - by bjcheung77 - 09-15-2024, 11:03 PM
RE: Master's Degree Options - by spohara - 09-23-2024, 12:06 PM
RE: Master's Degree Options - by Duneranger - 09-24-2024, 12:49 AM
RE: Master's Degree Options - by dm.hans32 - 10-15-2024, 02:54 PM
RE: Master's Degree Options - by bjcheung77 - 09-23-2024, 09:58 PM
RE: Master's Degree Options - by andfik - 10-01-2024, 09:53 AM
RE: Master's Degree Options - by bjcheung77 - 10-01-2024, 10:35 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Options for completing a Master's degree in Education? amos316 5 1,002 10-02-2026, 09:50 AM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  Help with choosing Statistics degree Pilotpivot3 8 3,502 09-26-2026, 12:32 AM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  Undergraduate Electrical Engineering degree online cheeseberserk 21 11,400 09-26-2026, 12:22 AM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  Business degree advice please - currently in progress thanks4help 0 346 09-13-2026, 08:48 PM
Last Post: thanks4help
  Credit recognition for EU Bachelor’s degree: looking for flexible online Master’s pat acajka 6 1,567 07-08-2026, 08:19 AM
Last Post: soba
  Degree eval query joebloggs 1 725 06-24-2026, 09:38 AM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  Help=how value SCQF11+ Italy MU2 master by UK ENIC ? pine333 0 514 06-24-2026, 07:27 AM
Last Post: pine333
  Pre- rec for nursing degree planning LadySearchDog 7 2,647 06-02-2026, 05:30 AM
Last Post: myriam555
Sad I'm in Degree Hell sal1820 17 4,908 05-31-2026, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Maltus
Heart First US degree, need help. PrinceCharlesLevin 16 2,738 05-01-2026, 05:58 PM
Last Post: ss20ts

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)