Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Thinking about Doctorate
#1
Hello everyone, I am currently enrolled in WGU Master of Public Health and will be finishing up soon. I don't have a job in the field yet and I am working on finding a job at the moment. I haven't been in the work field in years but have been taking certification classes/certificate classes. I am disabled (Severe controlled RA) Anyways, I have applied to internships via WGU and also just waiting for responses. I just want to know if there's a possibility of me enrolling in a PhD program seeing my lack of job history (seems experience in some programs are needed)  and where would a good program be online. I prefer a ABD and online. I'm using financial aid, and located in NYC. 

In Progress: WGU Master of Public Health 
Completed: UMPI B.L.S Mangement & Pre-Law
Pierpoint BOG A.A
Certificates & Certifications:
CASAC-T (Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor Trainee) – Expires: 11/09/2028
I.C.C. Phlebotomy Tech with Honors – Completed: 10/2023
Goodwill Career Coach and Navigator – Completed: 12/14/2023
Introduction to Generative AI Specialization (Coursera) – Completed: 06/11/2024
HIPAA Privacy Training (OSHAcademy, 01/2023)
American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification – Valid through 11/01/2025 | Certificate ID: 01CDFL3
  Angel In Progress: Nursing School Pre-Reqs F.L.C.C Angel

Completed: 
WGU Master of Public Health January 2025 MPH!
UMPI B.L.S Mangement & Pre-Law (2024 Graduate)
Pierpoint BOG Applied Science

 Certifications:
NHA Certified Clinical Medical Assistant
NHA Certified Phlebotomy Technician
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Thinking about Doctorate - by Cocolisa1 - 11-21-2024, 09:43 PM
RE: Thinking about Doctorate - by freeloader - 11-21-2024, 10:21 PM
RE: Thinking about Doctorate - by Cocolisa1 - 11-21-2024, 10:32 PM
Thinking about Doctorate - by NotJoeBiden - 11-21-2024, 10:24 PM
RE: Thinking about Doctorate - by Heartstrings - 11-21-2024, 10:47 PM
RE: Thinking about Doctorate - by Cocolisa1 - 11-21-2024, 11:01 PM
RE: Thinking about Doctorate - by sanantone - 11-21-2024, 11:14 PM
RE: Thinking about Doctorate - by vpum15 - 12-18-2024, 05:39 PM
RE: Thinking about Doctorate - by Cocolisa1 - 12-19-2024, 02:02 PM
RE: Thinking about Doctorate - by wow - 12-19-2024, 10:55 AM
RE: Thinking about Doctorate - by Cocolisa1 - 12-19-2024, 11:22 AM
RE: Thinking about Doctorate - by DragonDF - 01-05-2025, 06:53 PM
RE: Thinking about Doctorate - by Cocolisa1 - 01-08-2025, 04:31 PM
RE: Thinking about Doctorate - by bjcheung77 - 01-08-2025, 09:49 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone attend California Coast University for a doctorate? GoBroncos95 23 2,464 09-25-2026, 08:43 AM
Last Post: newdegree
  Any online Bachelor's-to-Doctorate direct entry? Stonybeach 27 3,545 06-02-2026, 09:19 AM
Last Post: Maltus
  Doctorate in TESOL vs. Master's in TESOL? EliEverIsAHero 5 1,566 06-01-2026, 08:27 AM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  ABD friendly doctorate with max transfer RA preferred under 15k finish fast Docu 51 11,526 05-26-2026, 09:57 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Open Institute of Technology Professional Doctorate in Applied AI icecubetr 0 1,600 04-11-2026, 08:07 AM
Last Post: icecubetr
  Lowest Cost D.P.A.? (Doctorate in Public Administration) MFG 13 9,331 04-09-2026, 04:48 AM
Last Post: degreeappreciator123
  Applied to a Doctorate at UNISA. What am I in for if admitted? EliEverIsAHero 10 2,284 04-04-2026, 01:00 PM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  ABD to Doctorate(Ed.D) with no dissertation? MisterBond 21 6,084 03-22-2026, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Sagan
  Doctorate Certificate from EIU-PARIS: Legality and Value? Balchunas 18 6,726 02-28-2026, 06:47 AM
Last Post: Balchunas
  New DEAC Doctorate DeanLewis 24 7,891 01-21-2026, 03:57 PM
Last Post: Sagan

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)