Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
UMPI or WGU
#1
Hello,

I am looking to get a bachelors degree in accounting. I have been working in a unrelated field and decided a couple years ago that it was time for a change in careers. I started back at my local community college to start working towards this new path. I finished a associates degree and am enrolled through a four year college. Decided this was going to take to long probably around four years to complete. Distance and time is causing me to be a part time student. Since the loss of hours at work and drive time would be significant i started looking into other ways to complete the degree. My options now are these colleges you have been talking about in the forums and going to a different four year university. The new four university would be closer due to a satellite office that is twenty minutes from where i live. It would cost 18k to do that option. I really don not want to spend that much if I do not have to. So now I am here looking for help. I was looking into WGU and UMPI your pace. I am currently enrolled in a statistics coarse through the community college to finish the pre req for the four year. If can drop this and use study.com or sophia to complete this i would be more than happy to drop at my community college. I think its important to be able to sit for the CPA exam when i am done if that helps.


Location: Illinois
Age: 37
Type of degree: I am looking to get a bachelor degree in accounting with the end goal to be a masters... eventually.
Current credit hours: 101
Current ACE, CLEP, or NCCRS Credits: none
Any certifications or military experience?: none
Budget: looking for cheaper. But i will figure out what i can.
Commitments: I work full time Sunday, Monday, Tuesday every other Saturday 0630-1830. And a lovely wife.
Dedicated time to study: If I am not at work i can study. My plan is 20hrs a week.
Timeline: I would like to be done in a year if possible.
Tuition assistance/reimbursement: Might be able to get up to 6k from work but no guarantee I will get any.

Here is a list of my classes through my community college and one class through the four year.

course            Title                       Grade        Credit hours
BNA-100 BAS NURSE ASST              B           7.00
EMS-110 EMR MED TEC-BAS           C           7.00
FRS-101 INTRO FIRE SCI                C            3.00
FRS-121 FIRE SUPPRESSN              C            3.00
RS-123 PROTECTION SYS               B           3.00
BIO-110 HUMAN BIOLOGY               C           4.00 with lab
ENG-151 COMP I                             B           3.00
FRS-122 BLDG CONSTRC-FS           C           3.00
MCC-101 COLLEGE EXPERNC         D           1.00
SPE-151 INTRO SPEECH                 C            3.00
PSY-151 INTRO PSYCH                    C           3.00
MAT-150 ELEM OF MATH                  D           3.00
CIS-110 COMPUTER LITRCY            A           2.00
EMS-120 EMT-P-MOD I                    B            7.00
EMS-121 EMT-P-MOD II                   B            5.00
EMS-122 EMT-P-MOD III                  C            5.00
EMS-123 EMT-P-INTRNSHP              A           2.00
ECO-251 MICROECONOMICS           A           3.00
ECO-252 MACROECONOMICS          A           3.00
ACC-151 FINANCIAL ACCTG             A           3.00
ART-172 ART HISTORY II                 B            3.00
ENG-152 COMPOSITION II               B            3.00
ACC-152 MANAGEMENT ACCTG       A            3.00
MAT-161 COLLEGE ALGEBRA           B            3.00
PHI-251 INTRO ETHICS                   A            3.00
GEG-220 GLOBAL ENVIRONMENT    A            3.00
MUS-153 INTRO WORLD MUSIC     A            3.00
MAT-171 CALC BUS & SOC SCI        C           4.00
MAT-220 STATISTICS  Currently in
MGMT 217 Legal Environ of Business B          3.00

Sorry if this is to long with to much information. I am just incredibly loss and want to better my career for myself my wife and future family.

Thank you again
Reply


Messages In This Thread
UMPI or WGU - by Deity - 01-27-2025, 11:53 PM
RE: UMPI or WGU - by jg_nuy - 01-28-2025, 12:58 AM
RE: UMPI or WGU - by bjcheung77 - 01-28-2025, 05:51 AM
RE: UMPI or WGU - by Deity - 01-29-2025, 07:41 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for guidance for UMPI acesup_11 6 524 09-27-2026, 03:57 PM
Last Post: acesup_11
  Should I take some Study.com courses before applying to UMPI for BA in Psych? Ariadne 3 973 07-30-2026, 05:34 AM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  UMPI BLS + Accounting Minor — What Other Minors Can I Add with My Transfer Credits? [email protected] 7 3,225 06-26-2026, 10:12 AM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  UMPI BLS Update and help needed Federicojavier 1 705 06-12-2026, 07:15 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  UMPI - BLS (Pre-Law, Project Management, MIS) Bcopeland64 1 776 05-09-2026, 05:01 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Transferred in 90 credits to UMPI. Which of these 3 degrees should I choose? mriern99 4 1,608 03-05-2026, 08:47 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
Question (Help) TEEX credits & Credly – international student question (UMPI) pumi 2 1,288 02-03-2026, 01:09 AM
Last Post: pumi
  UMPI Accounting BA mohelena02 2 1,354 01-28-2026, 09:56 AM
Last Post: mohelena02
  Second BA for GPA reset (2.58 → ≥2.70): COSC vs UMPI/TESU/Excelsior mightymax474 21 3,990 01-13-2026, 02:39 AM
Last Post: mightymax474
  Accounting Degree Plans - WGU vs UMPI? cayek1099 7 3,593 01-08-2026, 08:21 AM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)