02-16-2025, 06:55 PM
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2025, 07:26 PM by Hotdogman1.)
What if we go a little insane and try to get an Associates degree at UMPI? It doesn't make sense for most people, but it could in this situation.
UMPI Yourpace Associates of Arts in Liberal Studies
https://www.umpi.edu/yourpace/academic_p...l-studies/
UMPI Associate degree Residency requirement
"All two-year degree programs require 15 credits completed at UMPI." http://catalog.umpi.edu/content.php?cato...nto=search
Liberal Studies Requirements
http://catalog.umpi.edu/preview_program....turnto=260
The easiest Concentration for our purposes is Business.
General Requirements (34-35 Credits)
English 1 (3 Credits)
English 2 (3 Credits)
Liberal Arts electives (9 credits)
Math/Science electives (9 credits)
Social Science electives (9 credits)
Note: I understand how they got to 34 (Eng 100 is 4 credits), but I don't see how you get to 35. 4+3+9+9+9=34
Business Administration Concentration - 30 Credit Hours
BUS 101 - Introduction to Business 3 credits
BUS 150 - Introduction to Financial Accounting 3 credits
BUS 200 - Intermediate Business Computing 3 credits
BUS 220 - Managerial Accounting 3 credits
ECO 207 - Macro and Micro Economics 3 credits
PCJ 215 - Business Communication 3 credits
Business electives at the 200 level or above (12 Credits)
Sample course load (This is not the most efficient path or anything like that. This is just a bunch of random courses that fulfill the requirements):
() = How it transfers into UMPI via the UMPI Transfer Database
Every course except for BUS 200 can be completed via Sophia.
General Requirements (34-35 Credits)
English Composition I (ENG 101 College Composition)
English Composition II (ENG 121 College Composition II)
9 credits of Liberal Arts electives
Spanish I (SPA 101 Elementary Spanish I)
Art History II (ART 212 Art History II)
Art History I (ART 211 Art History I)
9 credits of Math/Science electives (I did 10 credits for a lab)
Introduction to Chemistry and Introduction to Chemistry Lab (3 CHY 1XX and 1 CHY 1XX)
Introduction to Nutrition (BIO 104 Intro to Human Nutrition)
Anatomy and Physiology I (BIO 1XX Biology Elective)
9 credits of Social Science electives
Criminology (SOC 230 Criminology)
US History I (HTY 161 United States History I)
US History II (HTY 162 United States History II)
Business Administration Concentration - 30 Credit Hours
Introduction to Business (BUS 101 Introduction to Business)
Financial Accounting (BUS 150 Intro to Financial Accounting)
BUS 200 - Intermediate Business Computing (not available for transfer)
Managerial Accounting (BUS 2XX Business Elective)
Microeconomics (ECO 207 Macro & Micro Economics) (should probably take macro as well just in case)
Business Communication (PCJ 215 Business Communication)
12 credit hours of business electives at the 200 level or above:
Business Law (BUS 350 Business Law I)
Workplace Communication (BUS 210 Organizational Communication)
Organizational Behavior (BUS 2XX Business Elective)
Principle of Marketing (BUS 2XX Business Elective)
I recommend taking English 1, English 2, BUS 200, and substitute Workplace Communication and Organizational Behavior for two other LL 2XX BUS courses at UMPI. This is on the premise that it is possible to do a Yourpace session solely for an Associates degree.
Edit: a UMPI YourPace session is $1700 for a 8 week session. Eng 1,2 and BUS 200 are some of the shortest/fastest courses available at UMPI (less than a week to complete each course). It will probably take 1 session to complete these 15 credits.
Edit 2: I totally missed the General Concentration where you could pick whatever courses you want to take. It might be cool if you guys created your "own department major/minor" from the available Criminal Justice (CRJ) courses.
CRJ 100 - Introduction to Criminal Justice
CRJ 215 - Drug Policy
CRJ 225 - Criminal Justice Ethics
CRJ 250 - Criminal Law
CRJ 332 - Juvenile Justice and Delinquency
CRJ 350 - Criminal Procedure
CRJ 372 - Police and Policing
CRJ 376 - Punishment and Correction
CRJ 377 - Restorative Justice and Community-Based Corrections
CRJ 430 - Crime Control Policies
CRJ 496 - Field Experience in Criminal Justice/Sociology
http://catalog.umpi.edu/content.php?catoid=7&navoid=317
UMPI Yourpace Associates of Arts in Liberal Studies
https://www.umpi.edu/yourpace/academic_p...l-studies/
UMPI Associate degree Residency requirement
"All two-year degree programs require 15 credits completed at UMPI." http://catalog.umpi.edu/content.php?cato...nto=search
Liberal Studies Requirements
http://catalog.umpi.edu/preview_program....turnto=260
The easiest Concentration for our purposes is Business.
General Requirements (34-35 Credits)
English 1 (3 Credits)
English 2 (3 Credits)
Liberal Arts electives (9 credits)
Math/Science electives (9 credits)
Social Science electives (9 credits)
Note: I understand how they got to 34 (Eng 100 is 4 credits), but I don't see how you get to 35. 4+3+9+9+9=34
Business Administration Concentration - 30 Credit Hours
BUS 101 - Introduction to Business 3 credits
BUS 150 - Introduction to Financial Accounting 3 credits
BUS 200 - Intermediate Business Computing 3 credits
BUS 220 - Managerial Accounting 3 credits
ECO 207 - Macro and Micro Economics 3 credits
PCJ 215 - Business Communication 3 credits
Business electives at the 200 level or above (12 Credits)
Sample course load (This is not the most efficient path or anything like that. This is just a bunch of random courses that fulfill the requirements):
() = How it transfers into UMPI via the UMPI Transfer Database
Every course except for BUS 200 can be completed via Sophia.
General Requirements (34-35 Credits)
English Composition I (ENG 101 College Composition)
English Composition II (ENG 121 College Composition II)
9 credits of Liberal Arts electives
Spanish I (SPA 101 Elementary Spanish I)
Art History II (ART 212 Art History II)
Art History I (ART 211 Art History I)
9 credits of Math/Science electives (I did 10 credits for a lab)
Introduction to Chemistry and Introduction to Chemistry Lab (3 CHY 1XX and 1 CHY 1XX)
Introduction to Nutrition (BIO 104 Intro to Human Nutrition)
Anatomy and Physiology I (BIO 1XX Biology Elective)
9 credits of Social Science electives
Criminology (SOC 230 Criminology)
US History I (HTY 161 United States History I)
US History II (HTY 162 United States History II)
Business Administration Concentration - 30 Credit Hours
Introduction to Business (BUS 101 Introduction to Business)
Financial Accounting (BUS 150 Intro to Financial Accounting)
BUS 200 - Intermediate Business Computing (not available for transfer)
Managerial Accounting (BUS 2XX Business Elective)
Microeconomics (ECO 207 Macro & Micro Economics) (should probably take macro as well just in case)
Business Communication (PCJ 215 Business Communication)
12 credit hours of business electives at the 200 level or above:
Business Law (BUS 350 Business Law I)
Workplace Communication (BUS 210 Organizational Communication)
Organizational Behavior (BUS 2XX Business Elective)
Principle of Marketing (BUS 2XX Business Elective)
I recommend taking English 1, English 2, BUS 200, and substitute Workplace Communication and Organizational Behavior for two other LL 2XX BUS courses at UMPI. This is on the premise that it is possible to do a Yourpace session solely for an Associates degree.
Edit: a UMPI YourPace session is $1700 for a 8 week session. Eng 1,2 and BUS 200 are some of the shortest/fastest courses available at UMPI (less than a week to complete each course). It will probably take 1 session to complete these 15 credits.
Edit 2: I totally missed the General Concentration where you could pick whatever courses you want to take. It might be cool if you guys created your "own department major/minor" from the available Criminal Justice (CRJ) courses.
CRJ 100 - Introduction to Criminal Justice
CRJ 215 - Drug Policy
CRJ 225 - Criminal Justice Ethics
CRJ 250 - Criminal Law
CRJ 332 - Juvenile Justice and Delinquency
CRJ 350 - Criminal Procedure
CRJ 372 - Police and Policing
CRJ 376 - Punishment and Correction
CRJ 377 - Restorative Justice and Community-Based Corrections
CRJ 430 - Crime Control Policies
CRJ 496 - Field Experience in Criminal Justice/Sociology
http://catalog.umpi.edu/content.php?catoid=7&navoid=317


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)