Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Bsc Computer Science Degree Plan (Masters Focused)
#5
(03-06-2025, 04:22 AM)somethingdudesomething Wrote:
(03-06-2025, 03:31 AM)apple26 Wrote: Hey. Thanks for the excel. I have most of the sophias already taken but I guess I missed web development ones. I think I will have to do another sophia run. My main aim is to transfer as much as I can to lower the price and I guess  I should also focus on Proctored exams.The courses you listed in excel differs from the one in the catalog https://catalog.uopeople.edu/ug_term1_it...rs-degrees

Should I grind all of those courses between 25-41 row numbers? I am kind of confused

If your goal is cost not transcripts, you should grind up to 90 credits (30 courses):
A) All the 17 "yellow" GenEd ones listed (Row 25 down).
B) 13 of what I consider "core" (2-24) courses, I provided alternatives for all of them, you can use the critiria that best suits you, maybe difficulty? since all will take same time.

Furthermore, the excel aligns with the GenEd link you provided, could you let me know which one is different? (aside from name update I guess).
Thanks for your answer. I will then re-sub to Sophia and grind out all the GenEds. Then  I will do sophia for Discrete maths and any other that is needed. It is a very helpful chart. Thanks a lot!

What I mean was this;
For example on the Excel, there is "Business Communications" but I cannot find that on the catalog. Maybe "Professional Communication" is the correspondent name. Just trying to make it clear. I guess this is the name difference you mention, other than that this i really good sheet. I appreciate it. It helped me a ton.

(03-06-2025, 04:51 AM)Tomas Wrote:
(03-06-2025, 03:31 AM)apple26 Wrote: I guess  I should also focus on Proctored exams.

Not sure how you meant it, but there is nothing special about proctored courses. (But perhaps you meant focusing on exams, thinking they might be harder than non-proctored?)
Students who plan to continue study with some of the more selective masters should focus on courses required for those. Typically discrete math, calculus, stats, data structures,....

Yes. I mean the exams, I just feel like being proctored puts more pressure.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Bsc Computer Science Degree Plan (Masters Focused) - by apple26 - 03-06-2025, 05:02 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Associate's in Computer Science Plan - Audit me :) kevinmane 1 915 04-22-2026, 05:07 PM
Last Post: Tomas
  New UoPeople Bachelor of Arts degree in General Studies Avidreader 6 2,339 04-15-2026, 03:11 PM
Last Post: sal1820
  Master of Science Information Technology Mint Berry Crunch 3 2,027 01-05-2026, 09:58 AM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  Computer Science SpartacusPM 6 2,656 10-02-2025, 12:41 PM
Last Post: SpartacusPM
  UoPeople Bachelor Degree Requirements - Gen Ed, Electives, Major bjcheung77 3 5,145 10-02-2025, 07:01 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Degree plan for University of the People BS Health Sciences cathexis 1 2,688 09-23-2025, 06:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
Smile Final UoPeople / University of the People Degree Plan TaraD2020 21 25,095 06-19-2025, 12:29 AM
Last Post: LisbetLaB
  Computer Science Degree Lee586 1 3,306 05-06-2025, 11:43 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Degree Plan (Computer Science) marcelor78 1 5,878 04-10-2025, 05:30 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Transferring Credits to Computer Science Associate and Bachelor Programs badrddinb 0 4,044 04-05-2025, 01:55 AM
Last Post: badrddinb

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)