06-27-2025, 09:05 PM
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2025, 09:43 PM by Victoriasmom.)
tdat314I don't mean to be negative here, but if you develop issues under stress, how exactly are you planning to endure the program rigor at GT?
There are a lot of changes happening in my life right now. With a good treatment team, proper medication, and stress management skills.Plus the option to go part time, disability accommodations and financial stability I should be able to do it. Right now we're financially unstable for the next few months but in 6 months we should be in a very stable situation. I am very smart but Uofpeople it's 9 week semesters, I had no accommodations, and no one could answer what my fees were. I didn't have enough time to contact my treatment team and adjust medication. I'm feeling much better now and spent all day doing coursera.
I will always have issues but starting out with cognitive issues and poverty of speech (meaning I felt like I couldn't understand the prompt and I couldn't expand my answer, even then it was the right answer but not long enough.) I was able to read and understand the material. I know my ability wax and wane I will always deal with that but if the information is ingrained then I don't need to think to actively recall it. I felt that with 9 week courses there is no coming back from one week of less then stellar grades. Leading to even more stress. It's basically inability to recall what is asked but I can answer the question properly. I'm sure GT has had graduates with my conditions. So even when symptomatic I can do short answer, and multiple choice fine and I would be able to complete projects. It's not visible when I have cognitive issues because I've learned to work around them.
GT is my goal school but there are other HCI schools I can go to if I can't get in but I want to aim for there for my OMSCS because of the cost and it has the most HCI classes for the price point.
I'm willing to get any degree and take the three courses required on edx required to apply to GT. I'm doing coursera to get credits towards a degree while I recover which will take at least a couple of months while I get medication adjustments and get use to my new team members.
I'm thinking any degree that can fit my credits at tesu accumulate as many as I can before the years up at coursera and whatever I can do in 4 months at sophia without inducing stress. I'm hoping for the CS degree or or the liberal Studies with the concentration of CS.
There are a lot of changes happening in my life right now. With a good treatment team, proper medication, and stress management skills.Plus the option to go part time, disability accommodations and financial stability I should be able to do it. Right now we're financially unstable for the next few months but in 6 months we should be in a very stable situation. I am very smart but Uofpeople it's 9 week semesters, I had no accommodations, and no one could answer what my fees were. I didn't have enough time to contact my treatment team and adjust medication. I'm feeling much better now and spent all day doing coursera.
I will always have issues but starting out with cognitive issues and poverty of speech (meaning I felt like I couldn't understand the prompt and I couldn't expand my answer, even then it was the right answer but not long enough.) I was able to read and understand the material. I know my ability wax and wane I will always deal with that but if the information is ingrained then I don't need to think to actively recall it. I felt that with 9 week courses there is no coming back from one week of less then stellar grades. Leading to even more stress. It's basically inability to recall what is asked but I can answer the question properly. I'm sure GT has had graduates with my conditions. So even when symptomatic I can do short answer, and multiple choice fine and I would be able to complete projects. It's not visible when I have cognitive issues because I've learned to work around them.
GT is my goal school but there are other HCI schools I can go to if I can't get in but I want to aim for there for my OMSCS because of the cost and it has the most HCI classes for the price point.
I'm willing to get any degree and take the three courses required on edx required to apply to GT. I'm doing coursera to get credits towards a degree while I recover which will take at least a couple of months while I get medication adjustments and get use to my new team members.
(06-27-2025, 07:01 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Applied Computer Studies programs that are affordable have been mentioned on this board, you just need a Bachelors and some computer classes. I would suggest looking into avenues to get into these programs instead... You want to devise a pathway for yourself that would suit you best, it won't matter if it's controversial or not as long as it gets you to that educational goal of yours.
I'm thinking any degree that can fit my credits at tesu accumulate as many as I can before the years up at coursera and whatever I can do in 4 months at sophia without inducing stress. I'm hoping for the CS degree or or the liberal Studies with the concentration of CS.


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)