Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Quickest doctorate program with no dissertation
#14
(03-15-2025, 04:44 PM)Sagan Wrote: Expect to do a dissertation. Sure, some programs are now concluding with a "capstone project," but this is just a professional dissertation by another name. You won't have to situate your work in a theoretical basis, but the amount of work--introduction, literature review, research methods, carrying out the project, and presenting the results--will still be there. Do not expect less work or rigor.

I Have to disagree VUL practicum is a watered down version of a research project. I am finishing my second doctorate and I can tell you i see the difference in work. I am doing an applied research project and I just finished the first class, my first part of my paper alone made 40 pages and I got two more classes to go.
Degrees In Progress
Education Specialist Degree (EdS)
Completed Degrees
Doctor of Science in Public Safety '25
Doctor of Healthcare Administration '22
Masters of Business Administration '22
Masters of Public Administration '19
Masters of Arts in Urban Affairs '17
Masters of Arts in Criminal Justice '16
Bachelor of Science in Police Studies '14
Graduate Certificate in Criminal Investigations '15
[-] The following 1 user Likes newdegree's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Quickest doctorate program with no dissertation - by newdegree - 07-15-2025, 08:23 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone attend California Coast University for a doctorate? GoBroncos95 23 2,680 09-25-2026, 08:43 AM
Last Post: newdegree
  Any online Bachelor's-to-Doctorate direct entry? Stonybeach 27 3,989 06-02-2026, 09:19 AM
Last Post: Maltus
  Doctorate in TESOL vs. Master's in TESOL? EliEverIsAHero 5 1,668 06-01-2026, 08:27 AM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  ABD friendly doctorate with max transfer RA preferred under 15k finish fast Docu 51 11,881 05-26-2026, 09:57 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Open Institute of Technology Professional Doctorate in Applied AI icecubetr 0 1,654 04-11-2026, 08:07 AM
Last Post: icecubetr
  Lowest Cost D.P.A.? (Doctorate in Public Administration) MFG 13 9,520 04-09-2026, 04:48 AM
Last Post: degreeappreciator123
  Applied to a Doctorate at UNISA. What am I in for if admitted? EliEverIsAHero 10 2,387 04-04-2026, 01:00 PM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  ABD to Doctorate(Ed.D) with no dissertation? MisterBond 21 6,356 03-22-2026, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Sagan
  Doctorate Certificate from EIU-PARIS: Legality and Value? Balchunas 18 6,927 02-28-2026, 06:47 AM
Last Post: Balchunas
  Wits University in South Africa launches a one-year PhD program icecubetr 4 2,923 02-18-2026, 02:56 PM
Last Post: RingofBarahir

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)