Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Edgewood College/UpGrad DBA; potentially $11,250
(07-09-2025, 03:28 AM)artem Wrote: I see a lot of feedback here from the doctoral program.
Is anyone doing the master's program?
What is the workload? What are the assignments, and what do the exams look like? Are they proctored?

I did the MBA+DBA program. I finished the MBA portion of the program on July 3rd. I should have my MBA conferred in August (I was able to apply for graduation once I had completed 24 credits, and the graduation application was completed in May). 

For the MBA program, you complete 15 credits of coursework that is part of the DBA and 15 credits that are part of the MBA. My MBA coursework was identical in format to the DBA work. Typically, a class consisted of a series of short quizzes and one or two projects. No weekly deadlines, need to have everything turned in before the end of the course—no proctored exams. The workload wasn't bad at all. I would typically draft the projects within the first week, and then work through the quizzes whenever I had free time after reading the lecture material. Then, the last week and a half, I would clean up my drafts based on what I had learned throughout the course. The only exception to this was the accounting and finance classes. I have a deep disdain for those topics. I completed everything for those classes in maybe a day or two and simply accepted my fate. Fortunately, that worked out for me. 

I did two courses at a time, which allowed me to finish in about 10 months. I will maintain this pace formy next six courses of the DBA before having to work on my dissertation, which is four sessions long, one "course" per session. It sounds like from another post that there may be one proctored exam in the DBA program. 

Hope this helps! I initially tried to do a session-by-session review on here of my experience, but these last two sessions took wayyyy too long to give me feedback on my courses. Overall, that has been the most stressful part. Getting halfway through my next set of courses and only just receiving grades for my prior set. It hasn't been an issue, but when you only spend the academic equivalent of a lunch break completing your Accounting for Managers course, and end up threading the needle on passing a little too tight... I think you see my point. I am not sure what they would do if you failed a prerequisite course and were already almost through with your next set of classes.
[-] The following 2 users Like Al3xBurns's post:
  • Jonathan Whatley, SteveFoerster
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Edgewood College/UpGrad DBA; potentially $11,250 - by Al3xBurns - 07-15-2025, 01:04 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Purdue Global DBA Coming Soon, Edgewood DTech Coming Possibly Jonathan Whatley 19 6,139 09-09-2026, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Sagan
  $8650 regionally accredited DBA: Level 8 + Westcliff DBA through Capital College David1477 18 5,112 09-08-2026, 11:31 PM
Last Post: tordan
  Walsh College\GreatLearning DBA in AIML; 12500$ artem 41 20,532 07-18-2026, 10:58 AM
Last Post: artem
  American College of Education Developing Online DBA, STEM Education EdD & EdS Jonathan Whatley 7 1,946 07-15-2026, 12:27 PM
Last Post: Twrix
  South College DBA cc95 136 60,438 06-13-2026, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
Photo Mexico San Miguel PhD and Poland Jagiellonian College DBA NOT WES! Jack Ma 66 30,637 03-30-2026, 08:43 AM
Last Post: eLearner
  New England College DBA and Doctoral-Level Certificates Jonathan Whatley 3 2,491 02-10-2026, 11:05 PM
Last Post: freeloader
  South College DBA Program (IT Specialization) - Progress Tracker wiresandscreens 36 16,372 12-01-2025, 11:45 AM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  Need some advice - Edgewood or Oklahoma State ChetBakerSings 5 2,231 10-14-2025, 03:53 PM
Last Post: Rivena
  South College DBA Journey Completed Max13 18 15,267 03-06-2025, 11:41 PM
Last Post: 3ichael7ambert

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)