Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Quickest doctorate program with no dissertation
#18
(07-15-2025, 08:23 AM)newdegree Wrote:
(03-15-2025, 04:44 PM)Sagan Wrote: Expect to do a dissertation. Sure, some programs are now concluding with a "capstone project," but this is just a professional dissertation by another name. You won't have to situate your work in a theoretical basis, but the amount of work--introduction, literature review, research methods, carrying out the project, and presenting the results--will still be there. Do not expect less work or rigor.

I Have to disagree VUL practicum is a watered down version of a research project. I am finishing my second doctorate and I can tell you i see the difference in work. I am doing an applied research project and I just finished the first class, my first part of my paper alone made 40 pages and I got two more classes to go.

I was speaking in general, not trying to take into account some exception from a TRACS-accredited thingy.
Doctorate in something
Doctorate in something else
MBA
BS in something
BA in something else
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Quickest doctorate program with no dissertation - by Sagan - 07-15-2025, 04:29 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone attend California Coast University for a doctorate? GoBroncos95 23 2,806 09-25-2026, 08:43 AM
Last Post: newdegree
  Any online Bachelor's-to-Doctorate direct entry? Stonybeach 27 4,124 06-02-2026, 09:19 AM
Last Post: Maltus
  Doctorate in TESOL vs. Master's in TESOL? EliEverIsAHero 5 1,707 06-01-2026, 08:27 AM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  ABD friendly doctorate with max transfer RA preferred under 15k finish fast Docu 51 11,997 05-26-2026, 09:57 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Open Institute of Technology Professional Doctorate in Applied AI icecubetr 0 1,671 04-11-2026, 08:07 AM
Last Post: icecubetr
  Lowest Cost D.P.A.? (Doctorate in Public Administration) MFG 13 9,598 04-09-2026, 04:48 AM
Last Post: degreeappreciator123
  Applied to a Doctorate at UNISA. What am I in for if admitted? EliEverIsAHero 10 2,429 04-04-2026, 01:00 PM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  ABD to Doctorate(Ed.D) with no dissertation? MisterBond 21 6,481 03-22-2026, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Sagan
  Doctorate Certificate from EIU-PARIS: Legality and Value? Balchunas 18 6,998 02-28-2026, 06:47 AM
Last Post: Balchunas
  Wits University in South Africa launches a one-year PhD program icecubetr 4 2,959 02-18-2026, 02:56 PM
Last Post: RingofBarahir

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)