Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Edgewood College/UpGrad DBA; potentially $11,250
(09-03-2025, 11:45 AM)sdimic Wrote:
(09-01-2025, 11:21 AM)Al3xBurns Wrote: Howdy all!

Quick program update. I have completed BUS 922, Quantitative Analysis II, and BUS 940, Effective Organizational Leadership. Each of these courses had fairly straightforward coursework.

Quantitative Analysis required a lot of coding and interpretation. The assignments weren't particularly long, but my instructor was picky about how the raw output of my code was formatted, and that cost me more points than expected.  

Effective Organizational Leadership was a fun course. Coursework focused on analyzing an organization's leadership structure, its strengths and weaknesses, coming up with a way to grade the organization, and developing ways for the organization to improve. The final project consisted of an essay and a recorded presentation (I did a PowerPoint with a voiceover).

I am definitely happy to have completed the quantitative and qualitative courses. The grading criteria of these courses were the strictest by far, and overall, I would say the instructors' justifications for grading strayed from the rubric. I genuinely thought I had done well in each of the courses, only to lose out on lots of points because a topic was already thoroughly researched, or the instructor didn't like the topic. I know the skills taught in these courses are essential for completing my dissertation, but the feedback I received on my projects was not very substantial or valuable. Very strange overall.

I'm currently in my second week of BUS 941 Leading Change and BUS 902 Business Sustainability and Ethics. These seem to fall back into the standard that the rest of the program followed; a couple of quizzes and a few essays. Fun topics overall. By mid-October, I will start my last two courses, BUS 962 Managerial Economics and BUS 910 Financial Decision and Value Creation. These courses will wrap up by early December.

It's crazy to think I only have a few more months before I am working exclusively on my dissertation!

Thanks @Al3xBurns for sharing details on the courses and congrats for completing BUS 922 and BUS 940. 
I am starting my DBA journey as of Sept 29th and I thought that we could take only one course per 6-week term. Is it possible to take more than one courses.

My understanding is that those in the program through UpGrad are locked into one course per term, while those working directly with Edgewood can take as many classes as they like.

S
[-] The following 1 user Likes lidel's post:
  • sdimic
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Edgewood College/UpGrad DBA; potentially $11,250 - by lidel - 09-03-2025, 11:51 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Purdue Global DBA Coming Soon, Edgewood DTech Coming Possibly Jonathan Whatley 19 6,080 09-09-2026, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Sagan
  $8650 regionally accredited DBA: Level 8 + Westcliff DBA through Capital College David1477 18 5,041 09-08-2026, 11:31 PM
Last Post: tordan
  Walsh College\GreatLearning DBA in AIML; 12500$ artem 41 20,472 07-18-2026, 10:58 AM
Last Post: artem
  American College of Education Developing Online DBA, STEM Education EdD & EdS Jonathan Whatley 7 1,924 07-15-2026, 12:27 PM
Last Post: Twrix
  South College DBA cc95 136 60,358 06-13-2026, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
Photo Mexico San Miguel PhD and Poland Jagiellonian College DBA NOT WES! Jack Ma 66 30,399 03-30-2026, 08:43 AM
Last Post: eLearner
  New England College DBA and Doctoral-Level Certificates Jonathan Whatley 3 2,470 02-10-2026, 11:05 PM
Last Post: freeloader
  South College DBA Program (IT Specialization) - Progress Tracker wiresandscreens 36 16,250 12-01-2025, 11:45 AM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  Need some advice - Edgewood or Oklahoma State ChetBakerSings 5 2,205 10-14-2025, 03:53 PM
Last Post: Rivena
  South College DBA Journey Completed Max13 18 15,206 03-06-2025, 11:41 PM
Last Post: 3ichael7ambert

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)