Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Coursera - Google project Management transfer issues?
#3
(10-17-2025, 02:35 PM)Godai Wrote: Hello All, 

I am going for a BS In CIS. I recently completed the Google Project Management Professional Certificate on coursera. 

I was able to successfully transfer them in as I listed them below. 

However I was told this cannot apply to my CIS degree? I sent a follow-up, because I think the advisor may have been confused. 

This was the first reply I got to my request: 

" The project management courses you mentioned cannot apply anywhere in your degree other than free electives. They cannot be used in your computer information systems section"

I'm asking and if there is a way to appeal, and also confirming with them that I am trying to put these into Professional Business Requirements section, not  computer information systems section. 

Anyone have advice? 

Coursera Transfered credits
MAN-4380 Mastering Project Management

MAN-4370 Effective Project Management

MAN-2350 Intro to Project Management

Degree requirements: 
MAN-2100 Principles of Management

MAN-3720 International Management

MAN-3730 Managerial Communications



Degree: Bachelor of Science
Majors: Computer Information Systems
Departments:Business Administration

Edit: I was told to escalate to the Deans office. So I've sent an email. I am gonna explore other degree options / Advisor appointment next week.

The wiki will tell you what courses they apply to: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Coursera

If you do find success in having any of them applied towards those degree requirements, that's great. If not, consider perusing Study.com for courses accepted at TESU
TESU
2026: Doctor of Bus. Adm
UIUC
2026: MSM
WPUNJ
2027: MS Finance
2024: M.Ed - Educational Leadership
2026: B.S Information Technology
CCAF:
2024: A.A.S - EM

UMPI:
2024: M.A.O.L.
2024: BABA - PM/IS
2023: B.A. - History & Political Science
2023: B.L.S. - Management
2023: A.A. - Liberal Studies
RCSJ:
2022: A.A. A.S. - Sociology
2023: A.A. A.S. - History
2023: A.A. A.S. - Philosophy
2023: A.A. A.S. - Psychology
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Coursera - Google project Management transfer issues? - by Mint Berry Crunch - 10-18-2025, 07:50 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  APS 4020 Applied Quality Management Mid Term EvilSandman 1 891 09-20-2026, 02:55 AM
Last Post: Phracker Jacks
  Coursera IBM AI Developer Professional Certificate - 15 UL credits truthfulness 14 2,219 09-08-2026, 05:20 PM
Last Post: DRfan
  Coursera Google Advanced Data Analytics Professional Certificate jazzcat 1 374 08-29-2026, 11:09 AM
Last Post: matycon
  Coursera IBM Generative AI for Software Developers Specialization jazzcat 5 708 08-22-2026, 03:22 PM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  Coursera Google Cloud Data Analytics Professional Certificate jazzcat 0 274 08-20-2026, 11:46 AM
Last Post: jazzcat
  Google Cloud Cybersecurity Professional Certificate jazzcat 0 287 08-20-2026, 11:44 AM
Last Post: jazzcat
  Coursera Google Business Intelligence Professional Certificate jazzcat 0 266 08-20-2026, 11:31 AM
Last Post: jazzcat
Information Google AI Professional Certificate animuscerebri 0 448 08-03-2026, 09:21 AM
Last Post: animuscerebri
  TESU BA Computer Science credit transfer list EnigmaSL 0 580 07-02-2026, 02:55 PM
Last Post: EnigmaSL
Question Study/Sophia for BSBA in Operations Management? Copper56 5 1,271 05-30-2026, 07:21 PM
Last Post: LevelUP

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)