Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
How I got my Bachelor’s and Master’s in AI in five months and $10k
#1
[Image: https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.ama...x1071.jpeg]

Hi internet friends, thought I'd share about my journey of completing a TESU CompSci undergrad and a WGU CompSci MS-AI in five months and $10k. This post has a step-by-step guide, my rationale & context, and if I think it's worth it. Below are the first two paragraphs:

Twenty years ago I dropped out of college to start my own business. In 2025, I enrolled and completed both an undergraduate and master’s degree in computer science as an intellectual pursuit. It took less than five months and cost approximately $10k by speedrunning accumulating credits. I’m pretty established in my career (e.g., L8/principal engineer in FANG), so this wasn’t about career advancement. It was about enjoying shifting my attention towards AI/ML.

And there was lots of enjoyment in this process. The structure provided by the programs with their clear-cut expectations led to satisfaction and up-leveled my skills. I remember happily wandering the green fields of the Capodimonte in Napoli eating a pizza while listening to audio lectures on American history thinking “it doesn’t get better than this”. Completing courses in a single day ticked a lot of my emotional-validation boxes. And these new technical skills I gained in machine learning turned out to be tremendously useful.


A step-by-step guide of both degrees, cost breakdown, and credit breakdown are posted @ How I got my Bachelor’s and Master’s in AI in five months and $10k

(sorry for not posting the full content here, it's just much nicer with the blog formatting) 
[-] The following 7 users Like JustinAngel's post:
  • animuscerebri, GMT, jg_nuy, Jonathan Whatley, Kevin.B, Pikachu, SteveFoerster
Reply


Messages In This Thread
How I got my Bachelor’s and Master’s in AI in five months and $10k - by JustinAngel - 03-04-2026, 02:01 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Bachelor Data Analytics after Statistics.com is gone homeschoolmom1 1 325 09-14-2026, 03:57 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
Wink Is SOS-1100 exempted because of my foreign bachelor's degree? Garyjoston 7 1,735 05-21-2026, 03:29 AM
Last Post: animuscerebri
  Upper-level Credits Required for Dual-AOS Bachelor Degree csbachelor 9 2,075 04-25-2026, 11:35 AM
Last Post: KagomeH
  TESU Bachelor Degree Requirements - Gen Ed, Electives, Major bjcheung77 1 6,833 03-28-2026, 01:53 AM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies education_man 4 2,391 09-21-2025, 01:51 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Will my Bachelor of Arts Computer Science accepted in Germany Ghosttt999 11 8,541 06-08-2025, 04:25 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Bachelor Degree without RA Paperplanes 12 4,945 06-06-2025, 11:42 AM
Last Post: Pikachu
  Just Graduated - English B.A. in 6 Months! e36374 3 2,116 12-30-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: MEarlBITW
  TESU Biology Bachelor kakasahib 1 1,916 09-28-2024, 12:09 AM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 4,576 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)