01-12-2009, 06:09 PM
For those of you that have used Pass Your Class in the past...
What books did you find helpful or maybe not as useful as IC.
Personally, I've only used the American Literature guide and it was NOT as enlightening as I had hoped. It was a condensed version of the Idiot's guide and did not go into enough detail to be worth $22. HOWEVER, it did correctly summarize just about every author that i needed to know for the exam. For someone who isn't going to purchase the Idiots guide and is comfortable using Wiki the Pass Your Class guide is perfect. However you don't need the Pass Your Class and the Idiots guide - because a similar list is in the back of the Idiots Guide. I preferred the Idiots Guide because I was able to quickly identify authors/works that needed a bigger chunk of my time through the readings... But that was just my experience.
What books did you find helpful or maybe not as useful as IC.
Personally, I've only used the American Literature guide and it was NOT as enlightening as I had hoped. It was a condensed version of the Idiot's guide and did not go into enough detail to be worth $22. HOWEVER, it did correctly summarize just about every author that i needed to know for the exam. For someone who isn't going to purchase the Idiots guide and is comfortable using Wiki the Pass Your Class guide is perfect. However you don't need the Pass Your Class and the Idiots guide - because a similar list is in the back of the Idiots Guide. I preferred the Idiots Guide because I was able to quickly identify authors/works that needed a bigger chunk of my time through the readings... But that was just my experience.
Passed So Far
A& I Literature (74) US History II (71) American Lit (68) English Lit (63) Intro to Business Law (57) Into to World Religions (451) Ethics in America (423) Information Systems CLEP (66) Social Sciences & History (71) Principles of Management (68) General Anthropology (59) Here's To Your Health (476)
A& I Literature (74) US History II (71) American Lit (68) English Lit (63) Intro to Business Law (57) Into to World Religions (451) Ethics in America (423) Information Systems CLEP (66) Social Sciences & History (71) Principles of Management (68) General Anthropology (59) Here's To Your Health (476)


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)