Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Credit for ALEKS Corp (McGraw Hill) Online courses in College Algebra & Statistics
jadechow Wrote:Hi gang,
I was just wondering if before I sign up to start Aleks Stats program if I need to go out and get me one of them there fancy TI BA-II caculators? Wink I am assuming that you need some type of calculator capable of doing statistics-type problems right? Is there a particular one that is recommended?

Thanks for the help,
Kelly

Hi Kelly,

Yes and no. ALEKS is great in that it provides a software calculator for any calculation you need to make which requires one. It can do everything from multiplying and solving matrices to evaluating F-distributions.

You can run Excel or a similar spreadsheet program for working with data as required to supplement the calculator.

However, it is nice to have a decent scientific (not necessarily graphical) calculator to punch away on in the same way pen and paper is often preferable to typing maths stuff. I used and continue to use the Casio fx-83 ES for most purposes. There are enough online graphing calculators not to need a graphing calculator in my hand and the online apps are often easier to get to grips with.

Good luck.
[SIZE="1"]
Bachelor of Science in Psychology, Excelsior College 2012
Master of Arts in International Relations, Staffordshire University, UK - in progress

Aleks
All courses taken, 12 credits applied
CLEP
A&I Literature (74), Intro Sociology (72), Info Systems and Computer Apps (67), Humanities (70), English Literature (65), American Literature (51), Principles of Mangement (65), Principles of Marketing (71)
DSST
Management Information Systems (469), Intro to Computing (461)
Excelsior College
Information Literacy, International Terrorism (A), Contemporary Middle East History (A), Discrete Structures (A), Social Science Capstone (A)
GRE Subject Test
Psychology (93rd percentile, 750 scaled score)
Straighterline
English Composition I&II, Economics I&II, Accounting I&II, General Calculus I, Business Communication

Progress history[/SIZE]


Messages In This Thread
Credit for ALEKS Corp (McGraw Hill) Online courses in College Algebra & Statistics - by irnbru - 03-15-2009, 09:16 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 16,152 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 6,336 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Does TESU put the free Ethics class from the Institutes as a grade or just as credit? Jenna.C 19 14,269 09-14-2018, 12:27 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Courses/Exams at a Cheaper Price and TESU Admissions Question UnbreakablyDetermined 12 11,376 09-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Are there any Shmoop courses that Charter Oak will accept as upper level? nosey561 2 4,088 08-30-2018, 05:55 PM
Last Post: nosey561
Question Does anyone have a copy of a TESU Credit Bank transcript they'd be will to post? Kelly Green 2 4,162 08-30-2018, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  Study.com College Credits UnbreakablyDetermined 2 4,411 08-27-2018, 05:44 PM
Last Post: allvia
  TESU BALS 2018 - All Online seaweedhead 5 5,199 08-23-2018, 06:18 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  TESU September Graduation: Adding extra courses to transcript by latest 08/31/2018? Nightmoves5 7 4,740 08-19-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Unofficial DegreeForum Wiki - Credit by Exam info, Degree Plans, etc dcan 43 37,098 08-17-2018, 11:29 AM
Last Post: elenlushk

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)