Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
which college leaves students in the most debt?
#14
april004 Wrote:An old coworker of mine was in trade school to get her associates in medical assisting.

I don't know why these people are lead to believe medical assisting pays a goldmine. It doesn't. Barely above minimum wage if one is lucky. She graduated with her associates making $7.50!

I, as an Lpn without the associate degree actually make a bit more.

Exactly! Same with CNA -- everyone and their donkey took CNA classes where I came from. My first real "job" was as a pre-CNA... later I found out I made more in my small town than actual CNAs made in the nearest major city. Rolleyes

If you're going to bother, go for regionally-accredited nursing! LPNs and RNs make a lot more, have better benefits and better job security.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
which college leaves students in the most debt? - by Griffin - 05-25-2009, 10:42 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Todd Wallack WP: For less than $100, I clicked my way toward a college degree in days LevelUP 32 4,639 09-28-2026, 04:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Survey: Majority of Americans Say College Not Affordable LevelUP 15 1,762 09-25-2026, 10:24 PM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  College costs top $100,000 at 15 schools LevelUP 0 371 08-21-2026, 01:41 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  This College Now Verifies Students’ Real-World Skills To Help Them Get Jobs LevelUP 0 405 08-17-2026, 08:32 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  The Rise Of The Vibe School In College Admissions LevelUP 7 1,406 08-05-2026, 04:33 PM
Last Post: lickington
  Online bachelor's degree for students fluent in Japanese archsvt 2 2,265 08-03-2026, 09:15 PM
Last Post: ueacquire
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 12 7,095 07-22-2026, 03:25 PM
Last Post: tomicavols
  College Students Are Testing at the Level of 10-Year-Olds LevelUP 8 1,955 07-08-2026, 10:27 AM
Last Post: Marcus Aurelius
  Why So Many High-Achieving Students Are Being Diagnosed With ADHD LevelUP 11 1,503 07-06-2026, 09:57 PM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  Academic ‘boot camp’ helps veterans build college confidence LevelUP 0 561 06-30-2026, 07:55 PM
Last Post: LevelUP

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)