Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Seeking advice on GRE Psych vs. ECE exams
#7
alissaroot Wrote:I had taken CLEP Social Sciences & History as well, but they did not deduct all six credits from my GRE Psych credits for that. I had an Introductory Psych course worth 4 credits. I am not sure where the other three were taken from, but I know it was only three additional credits that were deducted, not six like SS & History is worth. Maybe just three of the six credits for that exam are duplicative?

As for the original question, I do feel the GRE was worth it for me, and it would have been worth it for me at any score above the 60th percentile. I had hoped to get three or six upper level credits out of it to save enough money to stay in my budget, and I was pleasantly surprised to have knocked out 18 upper level so cheap. I think it's worth a shot, but you should have a back up plan.

Thanks, Alissa. Before I started my program, I asked the advisor which course credits I should avoid so as not to duplicate GRE Psych credits. She told me not to take any psych classes and that there was no official list of courses which correspond to GRE credits. Should have gotten it in writing.

Alissa, did you have to get Statistics credits in addition to the GRE Psych? I'd rather not take the statistics exam if I can avoid it.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Seeking advice on GRE Psych vs. ECE exams - by aliciaterp - 05-31-2009, 09:48 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AOS TESU CS ADVICE Stardeus 1 720 07-28-2026, 08:12 PM
Last Post: truthfulness
  Why colleges are turning to oral exams to combat AI LevelUP 3 1,104 04-12-2026, 07:44 PM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  International Student (Chile) seeking advice: South College vs. GGU (UpGrad) for DBA? qwiqwiqwi 9 2,923 01-29-2026, 01:23 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Advice is needed/Immigration EB3 Visa Sterberg3333 7 2,269 01-14-2026, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Stonybeach
  DEAC seeking comments on 90 credit Bachelor degrees and subscription-based tuition SteveFoerster 7 3,775 08-06-2025, 12:03 PM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  Seeking Feedback on Career Transition: From Firefighter to Remote Work/Digital Nomad DragonDF 28 13,489 01-31-2025, 12:05 PM
Last Post: DragonDF
  Online university with exams, projects, flat rates ArboristFlames 9 11,436 01-25-2025, 01:30 PM
Last Post: ArboristFlames
  Advice on Educational Programs and Career Options soba 2 3,228 01-12-2025, 12:46 PM
Last Post: soba
  Seeking interviewees with non-accredited/non-traditional degrees for Ohio State Study mitchell1857 0 1,695 09-10-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: mitchell1857
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 5,071 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: CollegeStudentAC

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)